PDA

View Full Version : David Sklansky is Tranparent

05-04-2002, 04:22 PM
I am referring to his post below: "Top Pros Disagree with Ciaffone. I question his purpose in including the quotes from others. I question the timing. I question his reasons for not discussing the idea as an idea instead of the vicarious name calling.

I will leave it to others to elaborate.

05-04-2002, 04:23 PM

05-04-2002, 05:00 PM
I am reluctant to venture a firm guess as to what you are implying, Chase.

I don't think Sklansky expects anyone to believe Ciaffone is an idiot, or that Howard Lederer is an idiot when it comes to betting structure (as opposed to whom he bets;-).

That is what makes the question more interesting. It is already an interesting question from the point of view of challenging people to think about blind structure, game theory, and why the hand groupings, and gap theory, for instance, are what they are.

What Sklansky did not make clear, in my opinion, was whether they thought it would be an idiotic structure, or that the structure simply would not change betting incentives as stated.

What fun would it be if he posted "Ciaffone said this, and all smart people pretty much agree." The way he presented it, gives an entre for differing opinions, side-taking, and all types of nerdy fun.

eLROY

05-04-2002, 08:12 PM
I'm really getting sick of seeing incorrectly created smiley faces in people's posts. Since eLROY likes to discuss irrelevent stuff like this, I'll use him as the bad example.

eLROY, what is this?

...(as opposed to whom he bets;-).

;-) ????? That's not how you make a proper smiley face.

The proper tecnique is to use a ":" and a ")". Like this... /images/smile.gif

Really big smiley faces can be made with a ":" and a "D" /images/biggrin.gif

A smiley face with a wink is made with a ";" and a ")" /images/wink.gif

A smiley face with glasses is made with a "8" and a ")" /images/glasses.gif

A smiley face with tounge hanging out is made with a ":" and a "b" /images/tongue.gif

Frowny faces are made with a ":" and a "(" /images/frown.gif

There are several other faces which can be made. But, I don't want to burned eLROY with too much information at once.

05-04-2002, 08:39 PM
burned?

don't you mean burden? /images/wink.gif

what other ones are there, dino?

i always thought /images/biggrin.gif was a guy with a big tooth

and how do you get photos onto the page?

i have a good one of you and me battling it out over the green baize that i want to share with everyone

05-04-2002, 11:11 PM
Is there any way to get one to thumb its nose? Make an obscene gesture?

05-05-2002, 03:06 AM

05-05-2002, 06:21 AM

05-05-2002, 09:53 PM
Put your picture on the web somewhere and then in a message put the URL under "Optional Image URL."

05-06-2002, 03:40 AM

05-06-2002, 04:32 AM