PDA

View Full Version : all in with TPTK, nut flush draw

MRBAA
09-22-2004, 10:40 AM
1-2 live n/l. I have about $150 in front of me. Four limpers to me, I have AKo and make it $15. BB calls and three of the limpers. We take the flop five way.

It comes down AQ6 all clubs. I have the K clubs.

EP limper, loose aggressive sort who thought hard before calling my raise bets $50. one fold and I go all in.

All others fold, limper had 23 of clubs, no more clubs come and I lose.

But my thinking was that with only about $135 in front of me, calling the $50 raise was likely to leave me calling for most of my chips (he had me covered) regardless on the turn. Of course, had he shown me the flush I'd have folded the flop, but he could have made his bet with an A and a club or two pair.

I'm new to n/l, experience limit player. How'd I play this one?

MRBAA
09-23-2004, 03:01 PM
One more thing on this one, if I just called and a fourth club did hit, he might fold to a bet, so calling along may cause me to lose the max when I lose (and call another bet on the turn) but not win the max when I win (since he may fold if my nut flush comes).

luckycharms
09-23-2004, 03:16 PM
Good logic. I think most people would get all-in on the flop here, ASSUMING there's a good amount of money in the pot before the $50 bet. I would raise all-in (I think that's the only possible play other than folding) if there was $40 or more in the pot before the $50 bet. I am a very conservative player, though, and this might not be the best move if you're looking to build a table image or if you're fine with taking chances.... or if you have a read that tells you bottom 2 , TPx, etc.

In about 70% of the cases, I will assume he's got 2 clubs, in which case you'll hit another club only about 1/3 of the time... with the 2 and 3 of clubs, though, some opponents will lay that down if you come back over the top $100+. I like your play if there was $40 plus his $50 in the pot to win and if you thought your semi-BLUFF actually had a reasonable chance of getting him to lay-down. Eh?

MRBAA
09-23-2004, 03:22 PM
There was about $65 in the pot at this time (I'd raised my AK preflop).

I did not think he'd lay down a flush if he had one. I did think he might lay down a lesser ace or even two pair here. A set seemed unlikely, since he'd have raised aces or queens preflop.

schwza
09-23-2004, 04:51 PM
you played it fine.