PDA

View Full Version : Facing a potential BigBeitzim steal raise w/ SB semi-maniac

MAxx
09-22-2004, 10:32 AM
Big raises out of MP3, so i figure it could be a steal raise or could be legit. Big hasnt been trying to steal too much and SB gets real far out of line most of the time. I take the medium road for better or worse and call with ATo. The table consists of a few solid players in addition to Big and myself, but has been profitable b/c of SB's over agro play. Button is not in hand but he has been getting agro with SB too.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

<font color="blue"> I am thinking good flop, good chance I have best hand. I am at least going to test Big's kicker out or see if the A on flop destroys his holding. Ok Big just calls, so I am thinking his hand is real strong or his hand is now real weak. I don't care about SB's c/r b/c he would do it on any draw (weak or strong) and somtimes with any 2cards. </font>

Turn: (6 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, SB calls, Hero folds.

<font color="blue"> I lead out to see where Biggy stands, and still do not care about SB's reaction. Biggy raises, so I am almost 98% sure I am behind so I fold.</font>

River: (11 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 19 BB

Good play? too passive? or get out earlier? Any stabs at their final hands? Results to follow...

EDIT: Spelling

lil'
09-22-2004, 11:00 AM
MP3's call on the flop is somewhat unnerving (He is a decent player, from what you have described, no?). He's either calling down with something like K-K or is waiting to nail you on the turn.

I think you did fine.

Jonny Melon
09-22-2004, 12:04 PM
I'll play along...
Since MP3 is solid, I put him on AA or AJ. SB, LAG or no, certainly looks like he caught his river flush.

Am I even close?
Jon

MAxx
09-22-2004, 12:14 PM
SB does complete his Qd9d flush, but Biggy takes the pot down with a 6-6-6-j-j full boat.