PDA

View Full Version : Brain fart with bullets

bunky9590
09-22-2004, 07:44 AM
Hand was played by my opponent we'll do it from his persepective as a kind of devil's advocate.

I'm in MP with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Bunky (with a stack of 320) I have 180 and he just went to the felt with AK an orbit ago with only TPTK (What a dork). makes it 7 to go UTG. I just smooth call to trap his butt good. Everyone else folds. Why???

Flop comes K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Bunky checks, I bet 15. Lets see if he'll call. He does, and pretty quickly too. He's drawing. I'll blast him on the turn.

Turn J /images/graemlins/club.gif
Bunky bets 50 into me. Why did he bet now? He cant have the flush. He's probably got AK again. He's mine. All in.
Bunky beats me into the pot with a call. Rut roh.

Bunky flips J /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Well I have 1 out at least.

How'd I do?

Centrist
09-22-2004, 10:02 AM
Not so well. Smooth calling a pre-flop raise with AA is a tricky business. Basically, you gift-wrapped a bunch of chances to outdraw you before attempting to pop him.

AA is not a monster. When you reach the turn unimproved and see a big bet you should be nervous.

Why not wait for a real trapping hand to take down poor Bunky? You know he's itchin to give you his money.

runnerunner
09-22-2004, 10:11 AM
Not very well at all. "Limp with Aces, go broke with Aces" If he thought the Aces were ahead after the flop, then make a bigger bet to really discourage a draw to a big spade. Without the Ace of spades he definitely does not want to see the turn.

bunky9590
09-22-2004, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why not wait for a real trapping hand to take down poor Bunky?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause he keeps blowing me off hands when he has position on me when I'm weak. AA is the holy grail.

[ QUOTE ]
You know he's itchin to give you his money.

[/ QUOTE ]

While that is true on the whole /images/graemlins/blush.gif, I can't believe he cracked my Aces! I'll just reload and specifically gun for him. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

aLittleFish
09-22-2004, 11:40 AM
Well to go along with the whole devil's advocate thing, I think he played the Aces poorly. I tend to continue to play the hand slowly if I slowplayed pre-flop. I would have checked behind you and see what you do next. If I have the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif then I will bet. Otherwise, I'm trying to play a very small pot. I can't win much from any hand I have beat except for maybe A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K and even then they could draw to a flush.

Now I have some questions Bunky for how you played your J-J. Mainly what was your thought process was in check calling on the flop? What did you intend to do if you hadn't picked up another J?

Wayfare
09-22-2004, 12:22 PM
At bragging!!!!

bunky9590
09-22-2004, 02:11 PM
Yeah I know, thats why I did it as devils advocate. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Was a good hand though. Talk to you soon Dave.

Gregg

bunky9590
09-22-2004, 02:12 PM
I actually thought my draw was live. My check call on the flop was reasonable. He could and would fire with less to ry to take a stab at the pot, in fact he had a hand that was disguised by his smooth call preflop.

If I didnt pick up the Jake, I check and see how much he bets and determine where he's at from there.