PDA

View Full Version : fold turn when caught between aggressors?

scandal
09-22-2004, 03:55 AM
SB has a VP$IP of 23%, PFR 10.6%. Definitely one of the tighter and more aggressive players on this table.

UTG+1 is pretty much a fish. VP$IP of 68%, PFR 1%.

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero folds.

SB's 3-bet on the flop plus leading out with a bet on the turn smelled like he hit trips. I'm not so much concerned about UTG+1 who is known to call with middle pairs.

River: (11.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 13.50 BB, between SB and UTG+1.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG+1 (13.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB has Ah Kc (one pair, eights).
UTG+1 has 6s 9s (two pair, eights and sixes).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins 13.50 BB. </font>

Wow, this is the first time I've seen SB do that trick. He must read this board. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

TexInAtl
09-22-2004, 04:42 AM
If you were going to fold this hand, you should have folded to the re-raise on the flop. You have a chance to close the action on the turn, and the turn brings no obvious improvement. I may be over aggressive, but I'm calling down here.

Cerril
09-22-2004, 06:53 AM
SB's scary but you're either calling down or folding on the flop reraise.

I thought from your subject line you were going to show two aggro players in this hand, but with just one you can be pretty much assured of first or second best. I -might- fold at the flop reraise (due to your notes) but I'd probably end up calling it down, expecting to see an overpair.

frank_iii
09-22-2004, 10:01 AM
You're not caught between aggressors...you were one of them!

I agree with the others to call down.