PDA

View Full Version : Sportsline.com Retarded Comments

The Dude
09-22-2004, 02:58 AM
Pete Prisco does the power rankings for CBS Sportsline's NFL site, and he made a couple of comments that are just outrageously dumb, IMO.

#1) Indianapolis - "If they can, [against the Patriots, Titans , and Packers], go 2-1 in those games they will breathe a sigh of relief." Come on!!! Not that that isn't a tough schedule to start off the season, but "a sigh of relief?"!!!!!!! BS!! They are CLEARLY better than 2 of those 3 teams, and have a good chance at beating the 3rd. I'd say their "expectation" is somewhere around 2.2 wins in their first 3 games. So how can it be a "sigh of relief?"

#2) Seahawks - "They hoped to go 1-1 in their first two games..." This is even worse than the first comment!! There's no way this team hoped to go 1-1 vs. two non-playoff teams to open the season! No way in hell! Granted, he admits that he "was wrong about them," but still. "Hoped" to go 1-1? Come on.

Tron
09-22-2004, 03:09 AM
Man... All I know is that the Chiefs are #20 there and #19 on ESPN... And that breaks my heart.

The Armchair
09-22-2004, 08:50 AM
Not to quibble on the Indy one, but perhaps you are misreading it. Indy could have potentially gone 0-3 or 1-2 against those three (and still could go 1-2). If they go 2-1, they can relax a bit, because their schedule here on out is chump city (toughest games in parenthesis):

Home: Raiders, Chargers, Jags, Texans, Ravens, (Vikings), (Titans)

Away: Jags, Texans, Chiefs, Bears, Lions, (Broncos).

If they go 8-5 in those 13 games, it'd be a nightmarish outcome. But even the worst-case scenario would give them a 10-win season, if they start 2-1.