PDA

View Full Version : WTF is my problem?

SomethingClever
09-22-2004, 01:36 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

River: (8.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 16.50 BB, between Button and Hero.</font>

nothumb
09-22-2004, 01:48 AM
Your problem is that you couldn't really be that happy about catching that particular card and getting check-raised, but apparently you were. I would have just called it. Hard to put him on exactly a straight, but also hard to see him check-raising with less than QJ, if he's typical.

Depending on the game, do you ever open-limp here? I know it's only 8 handed, and you don't say whether it's loose or not. Just wondering, my pre-flop decisions are sometimes poor.

NT

SomethingClever
09-22-2004, 02:08 AM
I've been experimenting with raising JTs, but maybe this was a terrible place to do it. These are the sorts of things I'm trying to find out.

Table was normal... pretty loose.

balkii
09-22-2004, 04:13 AM
i wouldnt 3-bet the river. you only have middle two pair, and its doubtful he's raising a 1 pair hand here, so you will beat few of his legit raising hands here but lose to many.

Don Ohnic
09-22-2004, 07:29 AM
I think you can raise with JTs preflop, but you are better off if there are limpers in front of you. If you raise as the first in you risk facing only hands that dominate you. So I would limp in this case, but maybe that is weak.

I definitely agree with those who suggest that you should call the river raise, though.

Don Ohnic
– representing aces

Trix
09-22-2004, 07:38 AM
Just call the river raise, the J mostly helped him more than you.