PDA

View Full Version : ATs

nothumb
09-22-2004, 01:13 AM
Early on, no reads or notes. Table is typical, perhaps a little tight for .50/1.00...

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (9 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls $0.35 (All-In).

River: (11.35 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 11.35 BB

Piiop
09-22-2004, 01:17 AM
I would check the turn here intending to fold without improvement. You have nothing and there are 3 other players in the pot. Your chance of winning is very small. Just take the free card and hope it's an A.

cold_cash
09-22-2004, 03:10 AM
Your flop raise got you the freebie, why not take it?

On the turn your hand has only a snowball's chance of being best and it's not likely you're going to fold 3 (presumably loose) opponents, especially the one who is $0.35 away from being all in.

WillMagic
09-22-2004, 03:42 AM
Why bet the turn? You've got the player on the shortstack who is definitely calling...The K is an awful card for your hand...your bet has no chance of taking the pot down right there, and it certainly isn't best at the moment...

Will

brettbrettr
09-22-2004, 09:51 AM
Agreed with Will, no need to bet the turn.

frank_iii
09-22-2004, 12:44 PM
I second everything cold_cash said.

sexypanda
09-22-2004, 01:25 PM
Is AT suited really a hand to raise pf with? I too really don't like the turn bet. You're drawing thin and the flop raise (which I also think is questionable) got you the free card, take it and check/fold the river.

Entity
09-22-2004, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is AT suited really a hand to raise pf with? I too really don't like the turn bet. You're drawing thin and the flop raise (which I also think is questionable) got you the free card, take it and check/fold the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
ATs is a definite raise at these limits from all positions.

I agree that the turn bet was bad. Take your free card, and fold the river unimproved.

Rob

Piiop
09-22-2004, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ATs is most definitely a preflop raising hand from any position unless there has already been a raise.

The flop raise is also good. He has two overcards and a backdoor flush draw. The raise is likely to buy him a free card so he's paying less to have more chances at hitting an A, a T, or running hearts.