PDA

View Full Version : So I just found this wierd lump...

Jaran
09-22-2004, 12:21 AM
The villian in this hand had just sat down about 10 hands ago and has shown a penchant for calling down and loose/passive play. What's your river play here?

-Jaran

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (3.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Button calls.

Turn: (2.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (4.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero...

Edited because I'm an idiot who can't read his own hh's

Sent
09-22-2004, 12:52 AM
If he is a pure calling station you may just want to check/call, but if he can and will fold I think it's worth a bet to try to get him to fold, and your hand may still be good anyway.

-Sent

radek2166
09-22-2004, 12:49 PM
I agree with sent. I have started useing the check thing on the end. With decent results. I hate it but, it seems that the way party works.

frank_iii
09-22-2004, 01:02 PM
I don't think it's just party...I think you have to play it that way in general at the low limits. I doubt anyone is going to fold a pair higher than 9 and I don't often see non-pair hands calling any bets so I would just check/call.

sfer
09-22-2004, 01:36 PM
Bet.

nepenthe
09-22-2004, 01:40 PM
Bet and fold to a raise.

derick
09-22-2004, 02:39 PM
Sorry for the newbie question but why do you raise on the flop with middle pair and an overcard?

bdk3clash
09-22-2004, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry for the newbie question but why do you raise on the flop with middle pair and an overcard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? That didn't happen. Hero bet the flop, button called. Hero bet the turn, button called.

Hero has a pretty clear value bet on the river. Worse hands will call. Better hands will call. Much worse hands will call. Have I mentioned that worse hands will call?

Just bet, and yes, fold to a raise, which will never, ever happen with a hand you can beat here if the player is even somewhat passive.

sfer
09-22-2004, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hero has a pretty clear value bet on the river. Worse hands will call. Better hands will call. Much worse hands will call. Have I mentioned that worse hands will call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only that, better hands will bet if he checks. Betting here is essential.

Jaran
09-22-2004, 09:04 PM
...checks, button checks. Button shows 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and MHIG. Immediately after hitting the check button, I said to myself, "Self, that was a very easy value bet you just missed there." Now missing this bet is not going to break me. But, If you're consistantly not betting in this type of situation, it does add up. And none of us are good enough yet to be giving away bets. I certainly know that I'm not.

-Jaran

sfer
09-23-2004, 01:17 AM
You gotta trust your little man.

But you must see that checking and calling is bad, bad news. You are almost certainly beaten in that scenario.

BottlesOf
09-23-2004, 02:09 AM
easy bet.