------------------

SB : Posts small blind 0.50
BB : Posts big blind 1.00
EP1 : Folds
EP2 : Calls for 1.00
MP1 : Folds
MP2 : Folds
MP3 : Folds
jedi in CO with (A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifA /images/graemlins/spade.gif) : Raises for 4.00
Button : Folds
SB : Folds
BB : Calls for 3.00
EP2 : Folds
------------------
Flop K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif
------------------
BB : Checks
jedi : Bets 12.00
BB : Calls for 12.00
------------------
Turn 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
------------------
BB : Went all-in 28.00
jedi : Folds

Damn... I'm a wuss, but I still only have an overpair.

aiel
09-22-2004, 12:54 AM
Can't imagine him having a flush draw with that $12 call. Or even that he had trips and was not afraid of that flush on board. Most like case is that he had A/images/graemlins/heart.gif and K/images/graemlins/spade.gif/images/graemlins/heart.gif/images/graemlins/club.gif. Hum.

Yeknom58
09-22-2004, 01:04 AM
Both of his possible draws came..but wait there's more... Although I regularly see people calling pot sized bets with draws him calling a 12 dollar bet in a 10 dollar pot smells like made hand rather than draw. Now is that hand stronger than AA, I haven't a clue so thats where the reads comes into play. If I had any kind of read I would tend to call/fold.

GimmeDaWatch
09-22-2004, 10:36 AM
Ya this scenario blows and is basically a guessing game. Knowing nothing of the player, who's to say he wouldnt call with a draw getting awful odds? Anyway, I doubt he would make this move, if it is one, and be drawing totally dead, so if you're right and he has a pair and a big heart you're only winning 3/4 of the time and if you're wrong its 100% he takes the money Lebowski. Knowing something about how aggressive this player is would be helpful, but if it were me (not withstanding the flop call) I might make this play with a made flush as it really looks like a bluff/semi-bluff.

kayaker
09-22-2004, 10:39 AM
I'd be concerned about him having J/images/graemlins/heart.gifT/images/graemlins/heart.gif. He's got LOTS of outs then, and the 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif would have at least made the straight, and possibly the SF. The only other hands I think are a strong possibility there are 99 and K/images/graemlins/heart.gifQo.

Either way, you're beat. The only likely hand you have beat is AK. I say fold.

jedi
09-22-2004, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Knowing something about how aggressive this player is would be helpful, but if it were me (not withstanding the flop call) I might make this play with a made flush as it really looks like a bluff/semi-bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

This player did not stick out to me as someone who was terribly agressive. Out of the players at the table, there were several more loose agressive types. This player didn't play too many hands, and wasn't a total maniac. That's the other thing that swayed me into a fold. If it had been a LAG, I might have considered calling, even though I might be up against KQ or something else like that.