PDA

View Full Version : The K9 vs K7 hand...

Daliman
09-21-2004, 10:52 PM
Yeah, Phil a jog, but I don't believe for a second he thinks he laid down bad there. I think the 9 show Proved to him she had him beat, and, other than his standard whine, the rest was all BS to make AD think he didn't know what was going on. Wasn't a GREAT fold, by any means, but PH is trying to sry poor, thinks AD is going for it, and I dont believe that she was either.

AH, the game within the game.

lastchance
09-21-2004, 10:54 PM
I'd love to see Phil's expression when he's watching this though. Either, "damn, she messed with me" or "Ha, knew I had her."

TheJackal
09-21-2004, 10:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wasn't a GREAT fold

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't have that fold in you Daliman, and a lot of people would have lost all of their chips there.

ThePopinjay
09-21-2004, 11:04 PM
I think you're wrong, based off Phil's play on the last hand.

He made the mistakes of pegging people on a play. For instance, last time he saw J. Chan go all-in preflop he had 66. So the next time Chan goes in he calls with 10s. Same thing with the 10 8 final hand.

btw, Annie Duke rules

slickpoppa
09-21-2004, 11:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wasn't a GREAT fold, by any means, but PH is trying to sry poor, thinks AD is going for it, and I dont believe that she was either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that English?

NorCalJosh
09-21-2004, 11:06 PM
though i made a similar post in another thread, i think i would have to respectfully disagree with you in this particular case... i think paul phillips made some very valid points in his post about phil, and i think this heads up match proved it. i think showing the 9 made him quadruple guess his already incredibly tweaked out psyche. The only reason it appeared he even made it down to the final 2 was that he managed to get lucky vs Chan and then stay out of the way while everyone else picked each other off.

Daliman
09-21-2004, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wasn't a GREAT fold

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't have that fold in you Daliman, and a lot of people would have lost all of their chips there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Yet ANOTHER inane post from the jackal. You think I'd have a problem folding top pair no kicker on a coordinating turn? Obviously, you don't know me, my play, or poker.

The RIGHT fold was on the flop. Annie was going to be WAY too tight to F around with silly hands, and, as you saw, she never did. I doubt too many decent players go broke top pair no kicker with as many chips as he had left.

Maybe someday YOU will learn top pair is NOT the holy grail. In NL poker, top pair is a sucker hand to go with for big chips most of the time.

TheJackal
09-21-2004, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You think I'd have a problem folding top pair no kicker on a coordinating turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow you must be a real pussy heads-up than. You are the poker guru/master, you must know that hand values go up when there is only 2 players left. Top pair is powerful and to fold it you must be have an excellent read to fold it. You profess to know everything
[ QUOTE ]
Obviously, you don't know me, my play, or poker.

[/ QUOTE ] Since you always make the correct move given the situation...

lastchance
09-21-2004, 11:40 PM
Jeez, both of you are right. TPNK is pretty good heads up, but a check-raise then a bet out just plain SCREAMS strength. I think Phil's play is nice and solid there, and while it's not like this is a tremendous laydown, I think Phil took the best line here. He calls annie's raise with position, he doesn't have a great read yet, but the big all-in on the turn is either Annie sensing weakness, which Phil doesn't really have with TP, or Annie having the better hand, which she did.

Pretty solid and standard play by both Phil and Annie, I think Annie might have been able to extract a few more chips here, but I think there were scare cards out there.

I mean seriously, this is one of those hands if it's posted on the SNG forum, you're like, "Yeah, good play, sure," and multiple people say that, and the thread dies.

binions
09-21-2004, 11:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A check-raise then a bet out just plain SCREAMS strength. I think Annie might have been able to extract a few more chips here

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely right. Check-raise the flop, and all-in the turn minimized Annie's win. Many of the people on 2+2, and probably even Hellmuth, would have played it better if the hands were reversed.

West
09-21-2004, 11:54 PM
I don't know about that....what was in the pot, what were their stacks at the time, etc etc...???.There was a flush draw out there, right? (Not to mention straight draws). Her hand could have been vulnerable to a higher two pair as well (it wasn't, but she doesn't know that)...if the pot was healthy relative to the stacks, I like going all in there myself.

Daliman
09-21-2004, 11:57 PM
Tell you what, when YOU win a 10k cash pot or two, come talk to me.

I've probably BLUFFED 5x more in one bet than the biggest POT you've ever won. ($2900, and I pushed him off top 2....)

TheJackal
09-22-2004, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've probably BLUFFED 5x more in one bet than the biggest POT you've ever won. ($2900, and I pushed him off top 2....)

[/ QUOTE ]
You must be the greatest poker player no one has ever heard of!!!

Daliman
09-22-2004, 12:23 AM
nope, I just don't like no-nothing ass-clowns talking crap to me like they know better.

Annie Duke
09-22-2004, 01:18 AM
I have talked aobut this hand twice elsewhere but will repeat myself as it is germaine to this thread.

After Phil doubled through me he had a 2 to 1 chip lead. We played 12 hours in that tourney and about an hour and a half heads up. ESPN did not show how I got the lead back (I had the lead when the K9 happened). I got it by check-raising Phil on bluffs and semi-bluffs about 4 hands in a row. During Phil's rant at the end of the shows he refers to all my check-raises and was clearly frustrated by it.

Then I flop two pair with K9. I check-raise him as I had been to get the lead back--but this time I have something. And this is the first time Phil calls--so my thinking is he had top pair and I have him frustrated and he is ready to go. On the turn there are two flush draws and a straight draw so it looked like a great time to move all-in. I thought Phil might very well call with top pair out of frustration and if not I am pricing out the draws.

Kudos to Phil for making a great laydown there. I was very surprised given how frustrated he was that he made the laydown. Great play by Phil.

Annie

toots
09-22-2004, 01:22 AM
Yes, I was wondering about that. We see Phil double through you, and in the next televised hand, they're showing similar chip counts.

One could only surmise that they edited out a whole lot of grunt work on your part, taking those chips back a few at a time.

TheJackal
09-22-2004, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Kudos to Phil for making a great laydown there. I was very surprised given how frustrated he was that he made the laydown. Great play by Phil.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Annie for agreeing with me. You are a good player and I hope to see you do well in the future...

phixxx
11-29-2004, 04:18 AM
Seems like Annie picked up a bit more than her fair share of hands...how many times did she have big pocket pairs again? The entire tournament was just desperate shortstack play from her.

This tournament didn't really showcase her skills.