PDA

View Full Version : 99 in the BB

Quercus
09-21-2004, 10:22 PM
Reads:
UTG+1 loose/aggressive
MP3: no read
CO: any 2 cards/passive

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB folds.

Standard.

Flop: (9 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls.

Standard? Too loose?

Turn: (8 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO checks.

Er...

River: (8 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

Er...

I had zero read on CO here. She could have flipped over anything from rockets to the hammer and I wouldn't have been surprised.

Final Pot: 14 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 14 BB, between Hero and CO.</font>

Bez
09-21-2004, 10:28 PM
I think he has a king. You destroyed him on the rover.

prayformojo
09-21-2004, 10:48 PM
If the CO is reasonable, I would expect her to be on a flush draw, right up until the river raise. Still, Kx of spades is a possibility, with a weak check on the turn in fear of a check/raise.

As for your own hand, I would have played it exactly the same.

Quercus
09-21-2004, 10:54 PM
Villain had Kd 8d for an even more mystifying turn play.

Sent
09-22-2004, 12:15 AM
lol he gave the hand to you, I assume you were going to check/fold the turn.

-Sent

Quercus
09-22-2004, 01:20 AM
Correct.

I debated dumping to the flop raise, but figured that I'd get plenty of action if I hit my 9 on the turn to justify the call.

WillMagic
09-22-2004, 04:00 AM
Don't like your preflop raise. This is not a great situation for 99...with four other players, you are going to need to flop a set or have an overpair to the board. Keep your preflop investment small and then attack a favorable flop.

Flop play is fine given your preflop play. That's the problem with raising preflop...it makes your postflop play really difficult.

River...I don't particularly like the three-bet, because I'm quite worried about 76. Then again, he could easily have K9. So who knows.

Will

frank_iii
09-22-2004, 09:45 AM
&lt;shrug&gt; Considering that it's a 2-suited flop and a passive guy just raised you, I just don't think you have good enough odds to make that call. You're drawing to 2 outs, one of which should be discounted.

I'm glad you won the hand.

theghost
09-22-2004, 10:53 AM
Hi Q,

I don't like the pfr from that position.

Flop raise is good, flop call debatable. You raised to show strength / get info. She showed more strength (and based on your read, she's generally passive so this raise means more).

Turn looks like she bought a card for a straight or flush draw.

I like my hand vs this board: no pfr, so set of Ks or As is improbable, unpaired board, flush didn't make it. 67 is the only hand I'm fearing when she raises the river (to be honest it looks a hell of a lot like 67 - especially if she plays a lot of junk). On the fly I probably 3-bet my nines, ideally you might just want to call.

Seeing the results - wtf? Maybe they didn't like their kicker after your pfr/flop action? [EDIT: Forgot they flopped 2 pr, egad, the girl is buddy list material for sure] Dunno. She could have/should have pushed you off.

DMBFan23
09-22-2004, 10:55 AM
I like the preflop raise, although this is the lowest PP I'd raise from here.

frank_iii
09-22-2004, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like the preflop raise, although this is the lowest PP I'd raise from here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a big convert since coming to 2+2. The discussions here on TT/99 have completely opened my mind to preflop strategy and, in a way, the general theory of poker.

I love the preflop raise now.