PDA

View Full Version : Reasonable session win percentage

SpaceAce
09-21-2004, 10:22 PM
I'm curious what the other live low limit players think is a reasonable percentage of sessions to break even or win over the course of a year or so. When I play online, I almost never have a losing session because I can play four tables at a time and get tons of hands. I'll often have a losing table but almost never a loss across multiple tables. Live is obviously quite different and I wonder how often you win when playing live low limit games. I usually buy in for 25 big bets and put maybe ten more behind that and leave if I lose it all unless the game is unbelievably juicy.

SpaceAce

colgin
09-21-2004, 10:45 PM
SpaceAce,

You've never had a losing session? That means you have never had a losing streak and your bankroll increases every day. If so, congrats man. Or am I misreading your post?

Colgin

AdamL
09-21-2004, 10:51 PM
I've played 3 tables and lost 30BB in less than an hour.

You might be playing too tight.

SpaceAce
09-21-2004, 10:52 PM
Heh, I've had tons of losing sessions and some amazing losing streaks. I said online I almost never lose. I didn't say I win big every time, but online I can play for hours on end if I feel like it and across four tables I rarely lose over the course of an entire session.

As for my bankroll growing, I haven't yet mastered the art of keeping my poker money seperate from the rest of my money. Since poker is not my main source of income, I tend to treat the money as spendable.

SpaceAce

pokerkai
09-21-2004, 10:53 PM
I almost never have a losing session

ALMOST NEVER....

SpaceAce
09-21-2004, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've played 3 tables and lost 30BB in less than an hour.

You might be playing too tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, this seems to be a misunderstanding. I lose plenty, my point is that I am usually up or even at the end of an entire session. I can easily be down 30 big bets on one table but up 40 across the other three. I have also swung up and down as much as 150 (perhaps more) big bets in a couple of hours playing multiple short-handed tables. I have lost many sessions but when I sit down to play online, I figure to come out at least one or two big bets richer a LOT more often than I figure to leave down.

SpaceAce

SpaceAce
09-21-2004, 10:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I almost never have a losing session

ALMOST NEVER....

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost... and that's online. I am not nearly so consistent live where I may only get 15% of the hands I would have gotten multi-tabling online.

SpaceAce