PDA

View Full Version : Pixies and Astros

Ulysses
09-21-2004, 07:27 PM
Tonight: Watching the Astros face off against the Giants at SBC Park in a tight NL Wild Card race.

Friday: Seeing The Pixies at the Greek Theatre in Berkeley.

What a great week.

BTW, the Pixies are playing three shows (Fri/Sat/Sun). Knife and Fork is one of the opening bands for all three shows. First show, Fear is the other one. Second show, The Distillers. Third, The Thrills. I'm going to the first show. Tix still available for the third show, which is an always awesome daytime show at the Greek. I'm thinking of going to that one too. It will be great.

The Astros/Giants are also playing Wed/Thurs, but I don't think I'll go to either of those.

astroglide
09-21-2004, 07:49 PM
pixies are gay, astros aren't. pretty obvious.

Sheriff Fatman
09-21-2004, 07:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tonight: Watching the Astros face off against the Giants at SBC Park in a tight NL Wild Card race.

Friday: Seeing The Pixies at the Greek Theatre in Berkeley.

What a great week.

BTW, the Pixies are playing three shows (Fri/Sat/Sun). Knife and Fork is one of the opening bands for all three shows. First show, Fear is the other one. Second show, The Distillers. Third, The Thrills. I'm going to the first show. Tix still available for the third show, which is an always awesome daytime show at the Greek. I'm thinking of going to that one too. It will be great.

The Astros/Giants are also playing Wed/Thurs, but I don't think I'll go to either of those.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dammit - I've seen The Pixies 4 times in the last 3 months and I'm still jealous!

Enjoy!

Ulysses
09-21-2004, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
pixies are gay

[/ QUOTE ]

You are insane.

astroglide
09-21-2004, 08:03 PM
elucidating:

http://apocmud.org/images/pixie.jpg

http://www.priape.com/photos/products/1014-1-hr.jpg

when i skimmed the post i assumed he was talking about a sports team called the pixies. as far as the band is concerned, i think frank black's solo stuff is a lot better.

TimTimSalabim
09-21-2004, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
pixies are gay, astros aren't. pretty obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]

But it's the Astros who traveled all the way to San Francisco to find some men to play with.

swimfan
09-21-2004, 08:27 PM
Enjoy the show. I really liked the Thrills latest CD, and have heard reviews that the Pixies have played well.

As luck would have it, I bought tickets for their December show in Jersey. Let us know how the show goes...

1800GAMBLER
09-22-2004, 11:21 AM
[censored] 'em all and just watch The Thrills.

sfer
09-22-2004, 11:45 AM
I saw The Thrills last Thursday here in NY. That's a long way to go in a week.

Rick Nebiolo
09-22-2004, 09:24 PM
Astros are a much better team than the Pixies, especially with Clemons /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

~ Rick