PDA

View Full Version : Buypokerchips.com customer

mnoesound
09-21-2004, 06:58 PM
I own a set of the Archetype poker chips. I originally ordered the Vintage Vegas chips right before they discontinued them. When they told me the unfortunate news, they offered me a deal I could not refuse to switch with either the Modern Clay or the Archetype. I then decided to go with the modern clay, but after several weeks and the order had not even been processed (I needed them quickly), I made the last switch to the Archetype chips and recieved them within a week. I personally like clay chips over the chipco style and I really, really liked the Vintage Vegas chips, however I have to admit that these chips are very nice. The company (aside from all the trouble with the discontinued chips) were very helpful. In my original order (600) I had 150 fifty cent chips.
After a month of use, I needed more chips and did not need the fifty cent chips at all. I ordered 300 more and traded the 150 blue chips for dollar and five dollar chips. I didn't have to order more to trade the blue chips in, even though I had the chips for a month.
The only thing I wish was that the currency on the side of the chips were WAY bigger. Other than that, I like the design and graphics on both Modern Clay and Archetype chips better than any design I have seen available to common folk, other than the ORIGINAL Nevada Jack clay chips.
I will eventually get my own design made on that horsehead chip or find some classic Nevada Jack clay chips (because I am quickly becoming a poker chip junkie) but these chips are well worth the money, in my opinion of course.

Lottery Larry
09-22-2004, 10:17 AM
"A suction-inducing inlay cavity – a Vegas secret that keeps the chips stacked even when craps dice are flying everywhere "

I find this irritating at the Borgata poker tables

mnoesound
09-22-2004, 02:35 PM
I can't speak for the Modern Clay chips but the Archetype do not "stick" together (obviously, they are chipcos). I have some Vintage Vegas chip samples and they don't stick either.
That suction junk does get a little irritating when you casually pick a red chip up to toss in with your SB, and then see an extra checker that was magically attached as the smart ass of the table states the obvious, "You can't raise $5 at a 10-20!" No sh_t!!

BuyPokerChips
10-24-2004, 02:19 PM
The suction between chips is no where enough to cause two chips to stick together when you grab one from the pile. Rather, it just helps them stay in a pile when dice slam into the pile. If you're having two chips stuck together, it's more likely that they're sticky from a spilled drink or something.

warewulf
10-24-2004, 04:31 PM
I like the mold on the modern clay. do you own that mold? they're made by blue chip right?

warewulf