PDA

View Full Version : getting my game back - part 8

flexus
09-21-2004, 06:24 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP1 posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 (poster) checks, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9.50 BB, between Hero and CO.</font>

bet from late position, possibly weak. Should the call in between keep me from raising the flop? would calling be better than raising but folding best of all?

edthayer
09-21-2004, 06:28 PM
Fold A2o preflop.

Other than that, it looks pretty good.
You either split the pot, or won.

Uppercut
09-21-2004, 07:10 PM
Fold this junk PF approximately 100% of the time. You are out of position with an easily dominated hand. Win a little, lose a lot.

RED_RAIN
09-21-2004, 07:31 PM
Fold preflop.

Fold on the flop. Read SSH Pg. 157

SlantNGo
09-21-2004, 08:43 PM
The PF call is arguable. I believe Abdul recommends calling with Axo in the SB. Fold on the flop, the pot is 6 SB and you have a very marginal hand.

RED_RAIN
09-21-2004, 08:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The PF call is arguable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree totally.

But since it's close especially with this amount of limpers...I then go to how good the player plays post flop with this hand especially if they get top pair.

The hero shows me he isn't able to play this hand preflop.

Agreed?

mrdavedog
09-21-2004, 09:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But since it's close especially with this amount of limpers...I then go to how good the player plays post flop with this hand especially if they get top pair.

The hero shows me he isn't able to play this hand preflop.

Agreed?

[/ QUOTE ]

How would you play it different (assuming you don't fold pre-flop)?

Yerma
09-21-2004, 09:35 PM
Hi flexus,

You played this hand perfectly. The other posters are giving you some *very* weak-tight advice. The river bet is especially strong here since *no* kicker plays any longer with K77 on board.

Now, as concerns the call in between: If the CO held an Ace he should raise here *EVERY* time when he intends to play. If he holds a hand like KQ he should also raise the flop if he intends to play. If he can't find a raise, then you've found the perfect line of play to punish him. The game is about punishing bad play, right? If he just has to call one flop bet, noone is really punishing him. And his "just call" play on the flop with players that could check-raise behind is the most common Party 0.5-1 postflop mistake...and one of the smallest mistakes because noone comes in to beat the hell out of the players that do it. But you made him pay, so good for you!

RED_RAIN
09-21-2004, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How would you play it different (assuming you don't fold pre-flop)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold on flop.

flexus
09-22-2004, 08:50 AM
Read SSH Pg. 157

so what you are saying is that if the bet does not come from the button then we should always fold top pair no kicker?

Remember the "why you guys are not crushing.."post?

RED_RAIN
09-22-2004, 03:33 PM
Yes I know the Ed Miller post.

And no I'm not saying to always fold just because the button didn't bet.

Instead MP3 bets, CO calls. You have near no redraws. Small pot, someone already interested, more people to act. If it was just MP3 and CO folded, I can see your line. You do realize that you are often going to lose to MP3 even if CO folds and you raise.