PDA

View Full Version : a common problem in my games

cockandbull
09-21-2004, 05:28 PM
Hi all,

I've been playing quite a few mtts over the last couple of weeks with some success. The problem i have is that when i get down to the last 12/13 it seems i'm stuck at the table with two out of the top three stacks.

Today i managed to make it into the last twelve in fifth, but the two biggest stacks are at my table. My only game plan was to play very slow and hope that the other table busted out before i got to low. The big stacks tend to bully, but not play agaisnt each other.

The mtt tend to have prizes as low as 27. The top prizes tend to go to the top 9.

Cheers

Harry

cockandbull
09-22-2004, 10:50 AM
32 views no replys. Anybody?

Cheers

Harry

RacersEdge
09-22-2004, 11:00 AM
I've noticed that people here tend to respond more to specific hands instead of high level strategy. Maybe post a hand when you are in this position and have a tough decision.

AceKQJT
09-22-2004, 11:11 AM
Sounds to me like you are trying to tighten up on a short table with a fair stack and escalating blinds. Not really good poker, IMO. You need to be playing poker, not sitting around waiting for the deck to run you over at the last minute.

--Casey

Potowame
09-22-2004, 11:54 AM
If its Down to 6 handed You have to pick the pace up for two reasons.

#1 weaker holdings KJs A10s are Much better hands 6 handed and should be played stronger.

#2 with big blinds it will eat away at you very fast, If you don't have a hand you need to be trying a steal at least every three orbits to try and keep up.