PDA

View Full Version : SSH Starting Hands

TheNoocH
09-21-2004, 04:40 PM
I'm attempting to convert the SSH starting hands (around page 80) into a more user friendly chart format and i'm either missing something or interpreting them incorrectly.

I believe what is missing most is on reraises in the blinds, i did not see anything that said action to perform on the blinds.

Has anyone tried to chart this out and if so how did you lay it out?

Mine is laid out as follows:
I have hands down the side broken out by pairs, suited, and unsuited. I have positions and status going across the top (eg early, not raised....late, reraised). and i have at the intersection the proposed play (ie. call, raise, fold).

I also have two formats...one for loose games and one for tight games...i just feel like i'm missing something in my interpretation ...

StuR
09-21-2004, 05:01 PM
I think Ive done one like you have and it works fine but someone in the micro limit forum did one in a diffeent style and people liked that. Search for "SSH starting hand chart"

As for the reraise in the Blinds I think your supposed to play it like a EP position if theres a raise and a reraise.

I remember WLLHE said that you should almost forget about your stake in the pot when faced with two cold. Remember you have awful position in all later betting rounds.

StuR

Beavis68
09-21-2004, 05:03 PM
I put it into a excel sheet, but it still isn't perfect.

I have calling and raising hands from the blinds.

TheNoocH
09-21-2004, 08:34 PM
so then only play AA, KK, QQ, AKs for a raise after a reraise in the blinds???
I did a search for SSH starting hand chart and didn't find anything...do you have a link to the thread you are referencing?

StuR
09-22-2004, 06:18 AM
I'm really rubbish at doing stuff like that - the username is "ohgeetee" if that helps in micro-limits. I searched for "SSH recomendation"

Hope this helps

StuR

Mike Haven
09-22-2004, 07:41 AM
Thanks StuR.

Here's the thread. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=999097&page=&view=&sb=5&o =&fpart=1&vc=1)

TheNoocH
09-22-2004, 08:09 AM
StuR and Mike,
Thanks for the link to the thread. It would have been tough to find since they spelled recommendation incorrectly (reccomendation)...it is 90%-95% the way i set mine up...now to dig in and see if my interpretation of the recommended plays are the same...thanks again...

StuR
09-22-2004, 08:51 AM
Shows up my spelling - I found it straight away!

StuR

Beavis68
09-22-2004, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so then only play AA, KK, QQ, AKs for a raise after a reraise in the blinds???
I did a search for SSH starting hand chart and didn't find anything...do you have a link to the thread you are referencing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, exactly.3-bets to you, you want a premium hand.

StuR
09-23-2004, 07:19 AM
I think is also to do with position (yours is crappy in BB) and the fact that TWO people like their hand (raiser and reraiser) compared to just one (raiser)when you are faced with two cold in late position.

More chance of domination, it may get capped by the original raiser - so only play premium hands.

StuR