PDA

View Full Version : :: yawn ::

Rico Suave
09-21-2004, 04:26 PM
Opponent is new and unknown.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Rico is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $5.
<font color="666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 (poster) raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Rico 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Rico calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Rico checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Rico calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Rico checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Rico calls.

River: (7.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Rico bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Rico calls.

Evan
09-21-2004, 04:30 PM
Looks good.

scotnt73
09-21-2004, 04:40 PM
i wouldnt reraise with AQo preflop personally(id just call). the rest looks good.

jrobb83
09-21-2004, 04:52 PM
You can't call here with AQo. The raiser was open raising in later position, you can put him on a variety of hands that you have dominated. You also do not want to give the BB a cheap shot at hitting the flop. You have to raise to isolate the late position raiser.

mikeyvegas
09-21-2004, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i wouldnt reraise with AQo preflop personally(id just call). the rest looks good.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was reraising a poster who raised. I think that makes a difference.

Talex
09-21-2004, 04:58 PM
Especially when the raiser has posted, I think this is an easy 3-bet. I'm surprised you didn't raise the turn.

-Tim

scotnt73
09-21-2004, 05:03 PM
if you think you are dominated why would you want to isolate someone who has you dominated. the bb doesnt get a free flop because there is already a raise in.

im not saying im right but why would you reraise a hand that prob has you dominated.

jrobb83
09-21-2004, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
im not saying im right but why would you reraise a hand that prob has you dominated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read my post thorougly. I said that you likely have him dominated.

scotnt73
09-21-2004, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Read my post thorougly. I said that you likely have him dominated.

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad. i see that i read it wrong. however what hands do you put him on that hed raise preflop with that AQ dominates?

Rico Suave
09-21-2004, 05:13 PM
Six:

[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised you didn't raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did consider it. But with his preflop cap, I decided to give him credit for a big hand AK, AQ, AA-JJ. I did not want to be 3-bet if I was behind, and I did not want him to fold if he was holding KK,QQ, or JJ--as I wanted an extra bet out of him on the river. I planned on leading the river even if the Q did not fall.

The preflop play I am comfortable with. I am curious about the flop play though.

--Rico

Trix
09-21-2004, 05:19 PM
Think the river is close between 3betting and calling. Since I dont know anything about him I will assume that he dont raise too light on the river.

Talex
09-21-2004, 05:29 PM
I had forgotten about the preflop cap by the time I posted. Given that I think you make a good case for the turn call, though I think that overplaying big pairs is a common enough trait that a raise here against jacks, queens, or kings wouldn't necesarily lose them. Moreover I think you probably want to force him to pay for a one card flushdraw or a gutshot (less likely with the preflop cap) if he's got them.

I think the flop call is pretty standard, but given your line I'm a little confused on the river. If you were concerned about losing him to a turn raise why lead the river? If he's been bluffing the whole time he's not calling a bet, and if you get raised you're probably beat. Seems to me you'll induce a bluff more often than get a worse hand to call.

-Tim

Rico Suave
09-21-2004, 05:35 PM
Six:

[ QUOTE ]
If you were concerned about losing him to a turn raise why lead the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of players loose their aggressiveness on the river and he may check behind with KK or JJ...hell, maybe even AK. So I miss a bet if he does.

--Rico

Talex
09-21-2004, 07:43 PM
Does that make up for the times when you get raised when you're beat? You're raised by what? 10s, As, Qs, and in theory a flush or straight. The flush/straight danger is probably minimal, so maybe you're right that you'll be called by more worse hands than you're raised by, but if it's close I think the bluffs you'll induce may make checking a better play. I should put some numbers with this, but I'm feeling lazy at the moment.

-Tim

jrobb83
09-21-2004, 09:41 PM
KQ, QJ, QT, AT, AJ, plus hands you don't "dominate," but still have a pretty big edge against like KJ, KT, JT, etc. There are such a wide variety of hands he would raise in that spot I don't see how not 3-betting could be justified.