PDA

View Full Version : JJ, of course

Marquis
09-21-2004, 04:20 PM
Bet at the turn or not?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, BB calls.

River: (7.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

Sent
09-21-2004, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet at the turn or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and fold to a raise

-Sent

DeathDonkey
09-21-2004, 04:44 PM
Holding the Jack of hearts I'm calling a raise on the turn.

frank_iii
09-21-2004, 04:51 PM
I could be way off, but I think you have to make a crying call here on the river.

PhatTBoll
09-21-2004, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I could be way off, but I think you have to make a crying call here on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

With the small pot and a player to act behind you, I think this is an easy fold. If it were heads up, you might be able to convince me. I think this hand was played fine.

RED_RAIN
09-21-2004, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At worst you are shown more likely a King...maybe an Ace.

Leo Bello
09-21-2004, 07:41 PM
Well played. You had to bet the turn, and probably fold to a raise. On the river, pot to small to risk calling with two overcards, a flush possibility and one player yet to act that could raise you.

Yerma
09-21-2004, 09:46 PM
Hi Marquis,

I would guess that the MP1 has something like Kd5d when he calls you on the flop. I know it sounds weak-tight, but I would check the turn and call a bet. If you had position on both players and they both called you on the flop, then I think it makes more sense to follow through on the turn. But I think you should view your flop bet this way: You are tyring to knock out MP1 and either take down the pot here on the flop or gain position on the remaining player so that you can bet the turn, and check through on the river. If you view the flop bet this way, your flop play failed, and I would give up the initiative in the hand at that point.

Marquis
09-21-2004, 10:17 PM
I don't have the hand history here but MP1 had Kx and BB had Ax. My thanks to everyone.

frank_iii
09-22-2004, 09:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With the small pot and a player to act behind you, I think this is an easy fold. If it were heads up, you might be able to convince me. I think this hand was played fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

On second thought, I agree with you completely. Thanks.