PDA

View Full Version : Easy Fold?

Diplomatdcm
09-21-2004, 04:16 PM
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP posts a blind of $15.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP (poster) calls, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, MP folds, Hero folds, BB calls.

How is the fold?..and How is PF, I think I am ahead, or not dominated enough to make it an easy call, but i understand it could be marginal.
Dave

Nate tha' Great
09-21-2004, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP posts a blind of $15.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP (poster) calls, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, MP folds, Hero folds, BB calls.

How is the fold?..and How is PF, I think I am ahead, or not dominated enough to make it an easy call, but i understand it could be marginal.
Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave,

I think it's a pretty easy fold. BB's check/3-bet is a really freaking aggressive move even for this game and signifies either a big made hand or a good draw. In order to win, you have to hope that:

1) BB is not on a big made hand, but "just" on a draw;
2) BB's draw will not come through;
3) UTG does not have you dominated in spite of having capped BB's check-3/bet.

This is a parlay that faces very long odds. Easy fold, just like the post title says.

As for preflop ... I am generally very liberal about defending my blinds but have a particular detest for middling offsuit aces against a non-steal raise. The fact that MP probably has a weak hand and that you're using a 2:3 blind structure makes it a little bit closer, but I still think a fold is probably prudent, as this hand tends to be a money-loser after the flop. If you know UTG to be loose, you can call.

Diplomatdcm
09-21-2004, 06:12 PM
I Agree about the Middling aces, I would much rather it was 89s, etc.
But I felt that I would dominate him a fair portion of time, I think this more appicable for 4 handed or less, but in these 15 broken games, rather than 6 max, people seem to have an affinitly for weak aces. This may be totally off base, but it has been my impression.
In a ring game, or 6 max this is a fold 95% of the time.
Dave

joker122
09-21-2004, 06:49 PM
Yeah, I fold when it's 2 cold back to me on the flop. You're going to be getting around 7.5:1 and at best you have 3 outs...it's actually not close at all.