PDA

View Full Version : Dan Rather on eBay

GWB
09-21-2004, 04:13 PM
Journalism 101 by Dan Rather + BONUS... (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=377&item=249065928 3&tc=photo#ebayphotohosting)

http://www.aacsautographs.com/cm101.jpg
http://www.aacsautographs.com/ce101.jpg
http://www.aacsautographs.com/shred.jpg
http://www.aacsautographs.com/rathersig.jpg [ QUOTE ]
Real Dan Rather signature! Trust us on this... our experts spent at least six full minutes authenticating a copy of this exact signature. Our sources are absolutely UNIMPEACHABLE!

[/ QUOTE ]

nolanfan34
09-21-2004, 04:43 PM
That is pretty damn funny. I'll set the over/under at 6 hours before eBay yanks this down, and I'll take the under.

Boris
09-21-2004, 04:55 PM
Funny post.

Now please explain why you refused a direct order to show up for guard service and to take a physical.

Were you too stoned at the time? Couldn't pass the pee-pee drug test?

adios
09-21-2004, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now please explain why you refused a direct order to show up for guard service and to take a physical.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only were the CBS documents forgeries, the content was bogus as well. The dates were wrong regarding his physical. Oh wait, they're not forgeries they just can't be proven to be authentic. I've got a document here that states this about you .... oh well.

nolanfan34
09-21-2004, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Were you too stoned at the time? Couldn't pass the pee-pee drug test?

[/ QUOTE ]

That was 30+ years ago, let it go. I'm sure those Bush bashers who keep bringing this up were making the same draft-dodging charges against Clinton, right?

I have no problem with criticism of the current administration's policies, I hope that will be the center of the upcoming debates.

Boris
09-21-2004, 05:35 PM
It's troubling that Bush was not able to say for certain that the memo's were fake. The content of the memo's is entirely consistent with Bush's behavior at that time in his life. You are kidding yourself if you think otherwise. This reflects very poorly on Bush's character and he is fortunate to be running against the weakest candidate in recent history.

Even more troubling is why the right wing kooks chose Bush over McCain. I still don't understand that one.

nolanfan34
09-21-2004, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Even more troubling is why the right wing kooks chose Bush over McCain. I still don't understand that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

That one I won't argue with. Frankly, I don't think I want to know the reasons, because they probably involved already rich men who are now even richer.

Knockwurst
09-21-2004, 05:43 PM
amen.

Wake up CALL
09-21-2004, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

McCain is a liberal in a conservatives clothing.

[ QUOTE ]
The content of the memo's is entirely consistent with Bush's behavior at that time in his life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now do you see why Rather should have been more careful? Even normally sound individuals such as yourself seem to believe the information in these fake documents when all the "official" (see the Kerry defense for "official") prove he, completeled his entire obligation, served honorably, was discharged honorably and never disobeyed any direct orders from his commanders.

adios
09-21-2004, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's troubling that Bush was not able to say for certain that the memo's were fake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Puhleeze. They're fake Boris. The CBS spin doctors have been spinning it for two weeks. Remember that 86 year old woman who's a die hard Kerry supporter? Remember the type writer repairman they passed off as an expert? Remember the officers who directly disputed what the memo's stated they did? About everything in those memo's has been shown to be wrong. CBS has spun it such that the content is factual but that's not the case.

[ QUOTE ]
It's troubling that Bush was not able to say for certain that the memo's were fake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like what? It's been widely reported that he wouldn't have been required to show up for a physical until his birthday which is 2 months later than the date on the fake memo. What else are you referring to? Do you even know what he was required to do to complete his duty? Byron York wrote a good article on this which I've posted. Also he was interviewed by Britt Hume yesterday. What York states is consistent with what I've read from other former reservists and guardsman.

[ QUOTE ]
You are kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read above.

[ QUOTE ]
This reflects very poorly on Bush's character and he is fortunate to be running against the weakest candidate in recent history

[/ QUOTE ]

Fake memo's with erroneous content? This document I have in my possession about you reflects badly on you too /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

[ QUOTE ]
Even more troubling is why the right wing kooks chose Bush over McCain.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you'd vote for McCain over Kerry?

[ QUOTE ]
I still don't understand that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do, dubya's message was embraced by more Republicans.

jdl22
09-21-2004, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

So you'd vote for McCain over Kerry?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't speak for Boris, but as a Democrat unless Clinton could run again I would vote for McCain over pretty much anyone in my party. The only exceptions would be people too liberal to have any chance at all of winning and no, this list does not include Kerry.