PDA

View Full Version : Lions/Eagles

beerbandit
09-21-2004, 03:57 PM
can the Lions make it 3-0?

lions +4.5

i like the eagles -4.5 right now though.

any thoughts?

Easy E
09-21-2004, 04:07 PM
I have to go with the hot hand here.

Not sure how many points the Eagles can give up on the spread, however.

mistrpug
09-21-2004, 04:08 PM
I can't see the Lions going 3-0. But I also wouldn't be surprised to see an Eagles letdown. Still, they could have a letdown and still win by two scores.

I'll take the Eagles giving 4.5.

Beerfund
09-21-2004, 05:27 PM
da Pack came off big monday night win and fell on their faces. da iggles coming off big mon night win and goin on the road could be inline for a let down allthough it prolly wont matter /images/graemlins/tongue.gif better plays this weekend IMO

JMM
09-21-2004, 07:32 PM
Philly's on a short week, coming off a huge win. Nice spot for a let down. This will be the week where we find out what the lions are all about. I would stay away from this one, and play the Niners +10.5.

MrDannimal
09-23-2004, 10:43 PM
I'm a Lions fan and even I balk at taking them +4.5. Even though they're tough at home, and Philly is coming off the short week and big win. Even though the Eagles pass D isn't good, which means that even if they're up late they're likely to give up a backdoor cover. Even though they should have lost Monday night (or at least been a nail biter) with the fake T.O. TD, and Culpepper imploding (worst being the goal line fumble).

I'm torn. I remember them beating the undefeated Rams at home when they won the Super Bowl. They CAN win (or at least cover) this game. They can also get blasted and lose by 17.

Slacker13
09-24-2004, 01:41 AM
I like the lions +4.5 here. Eags coming off a monday night game and could be in a for a let down. I am not betting the farm on this one but will make a small wager on Detroit. It may be a close call so I am grabbing the points but like I said I am not pounding this game.

MicroBob
09-24-2004, 02:17 AM
I agree that staying away from this one is the smart play.
If anything, I would do what Slacker did and place a small wager on the Lions.

Detroit will be tough.
Philly is coming off a big win AND on a short week AND having to play this game on the road.