PDA

View Full Version : Worst Quads ever

bobman0330
09-21-2004, 02:59 PM
.25/.50 4-handed PLO on FTP.
I hold QQ92, get raised preflop, call in the BB. Flop comes QQ9, i check, figuring i hold all the good cards. Turn is another 9. the same reasoning applies even more strongly, so i just call after he bets .50. River is a 2, and now he goes whole hog and bets $2. i raise to 5, and he calls.

In the actual hand, he made a runner-runner flush, which allowed him to pay me off to the extent he did, but had the cards not been suited there would have been a grand total of 3 cards that connected with the board in any way, and all of them making crappy hands.

PlayerA
09-21-2004, 03:25 PM
Just be glad your opponent did not make a straight flush. I've flopped quads and lost my stack.

ethan
09-22-2004, 07:08 AM
But hey...if 7 cards played, that'd be one hell of a full house /images/graemlins/smile.gif

It's hard to get much cash from good opponents with your quads matching the top card on the board. On the other hand, when the flop comes AQQ and your opponent's holding AA, it'll make you worry less about hands like this one.

--Ethan

Acesover8s
09-22-2004, 11:14 AM
Waaaaa, you only won a few bucks with quads.

I've lost whild holding quads 3 times in PLO, I submit that my quads were in fact, worse.

soah
10-04-2004, 01:12 AM
This reminds me of a holdem hand where I held A9 and the board came down 999AA. Fortunately someone thought their pocket sixes were good on the flop and turn, and called off the rest of their (short) stack on the river trying to salvage a split.

nolanfan34
10-05-2004, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just be glad your opponent did not make a straight flush. I've flopped quads and lost my stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PokerStars (2 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Hero posts a blind of 5.
Hero (poster) calls, BB checks.

Flop: 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot:
<font color="green">Main Pot: </font>

Guess what he had? Converter isn't converting the stack sizes, but this was early in a 4-man heads-up match, he had me slightly covered.