PDA

View Full Version : Losing Streaks!

bigslick98
09-21-2004, 02:06 PM
I have done really well in the $10+1 NLH SnG @ Pokerstars over the last couple of years. I am in a streak I have never encounted before. I have finished out of the money in 15 out of my lsdt 16 tournies. Has this happened to you guys? I am really starting to wonder if I have lost my edge. I find myself pushing to try to right the ship, and boy has that gotten me nowhere. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

eastbay
09-21-2004, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have done really well in the $10+1 NLH SnG @ Pokerstars over the last couple of years. I am in a streak I have never encounted before. I have finished out of the money in 15 out of my lsdt 16 tournies. Has this happened to you guys? I am really starting to wonder if I have lost my edge. I find myself pushing to try to right the ship, and boy has that gotten me nowhere. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Short answer is yes, that happens to everybody sooner or later. There's tons of threads on this going into great detail on the probabilities involved.

eastbay

willie
09-21-2004, 11:18 PM
i'm on the worst streak ever.

in about 1.5 weeks, my account has dropped from around 580 to sub 100 dollars

i moved up to 20+2s, when i'd been previously playin 10+1s, and just got hammmmmered

i've lost my last 4 consecutive dominating hands

10 of my last 12 overpair vs underpair hands.

then my cointosses i've been catching sets and still losing them to runner flushes and straights.....

it's been horrendous.

just keep your head up.

this afternoon i was so distraught i was about to close the last few dollars out of my pp account and just quit....but i've tryin to gamble up my last few dollars and get back on track....

i've really never encountered something like this. ever, and i've had streaks of 10 out of the moneys and stuff, this has just been a slide.

rachelwxm
09-22-2004, 11:43 AM
see my post
Probability of losing stream