PDA

View Full Version : TT....Standard play?

Seether
09-21-2004, 02:01 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 <font color="purple">(LAG)</font> calls, CO calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 <font color="purple">(LAG)</font> calls, CO calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (18.33 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">LAG raises</font>, CO calls, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, LAG calls, CO calls.

Turn: (13.66 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, LAG calls, CO folds.

River: (15.66 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, LAG calls.

Final Pot: 17.66 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 17.66 BB, between Hero and LAG.</font>

How did I play this one? Should I have capped preflop?
I had only been at this table for a few hands, so my LAG read wasnt totally set in stone but it was looking much like a LAG

easypete
09-21-2004, 02:02 PM
Looks good. I don't cap pf.

gamblore99
09-21-2004, 02:03 PM
Looks very nice.

justin
09-21-2004, 04:02 PM
i like it i dont see how you can come over the top of the guy who call raised. Here it would have made you more money but i dont think it would in most situations.

mikeyvegas
09-21-2004, 04:08 PM
I cap pf. You have position on the limp-reraiser and might create some dead money if you can fold any of the cold callers behind you. I have lost all faith in the limp-reraising standards of PP players.

I play it the same post flop.

StellarWind
09-21-2004, 04:47 PM
Postflop is great.

The preflop backraise usually means one of two things:

1. A premium hand, usually AA/KK. Oops.

2. Some frivolous hand. Some people believe in raising volume hands like 66 or JTs against a big field. Some people enjoy playing for big pots and raise for the fun of it. Some people simply don't like to be pushed around.

A tight/passive read indicates #1 and extreme danger. A LAG read points to #2.

In general, type #2 is more common in small stakes/micro online. The big tipoff in this case is that this backraiser is an overcaller and not an opencaller. That almost always means #2.

Justice demands that when someone makes a mistake, everyone should suffer for it /images/graemlins/wink.gif. You have a free chance to punish the field. Cap for value.

gamblore99
09-22-2004, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

In general, type #2 is more common in small stakes/micro online. The big tipoff in this case is that this backraiser is an overcaller and not an opencaller. That almost always means #2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont understand this. can you please explain?
thanks

Richard Berg
09-22-2004, 12:23 AM
People limp/rr with AA because they're afraid of killing the action with an openraise. If there are already people committed to seeing a flop, there's not much point.

StellarWind
09-22-2004, 02:14 PM
It is rare for someone to limp with AA/KK intending to backraise after other people have limped in front of them. The more people who limped in front of the backraiser, the more likely it is that the backraise is frivolous.