PDA

View Full Version : This is why I love Canada

Beer and Pizza
09-21-2004, 01:25 PM
Monument to U.S. draft dodgers planned in British Columbia (http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/aplocal_story.asp?category=6420&slug=CAN%20Draft%2 0Dodger%20Memorial)

astroglide
09-21-2004, 01:34 PM
if they moved canada to the equator i'd be there

ThaSaltCracka
09-21-2004, 01:55 PM
Mark Nykanen, a U.S. war resister and four-time Emmy Award winner for investigative journalism who lives in Nelson, said he looked forward to Our Way Home.

"I see the concert as an opportunity to continue to encourage war resisters from the United States to resist the militarism which seems to be taking over my native land," Nykanen said.

wow, what a smart guy.

Ray Zee
09-21-2004, 10:47 PM
nelson b.c. is one of my favorite places to go. i was there last week. it is beautiful with lots to do. a college town with great food and lots of young liberal thinkers. has lots of outdoor stuff and real wild a few miles away.
too bad the u.s. cant open up to the people that refuse to die for unjust causes to further some politicians goals.

Abednego
09-22-2004, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
liberal thinkers

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that an oxymoron?

Dynasty
09-22-2004, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Monument to U.S. draft dodgers planned in British Columbia

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet you Canadians don't like Bush.

cowboyzfan
09-22-2004, 01:14 AM
I would consider this an embarrasment to my country and the region, not something to be proud of. I guess that is why we have elections and debates, long live democracy.

BTW, Its easy for Canada to be so cool about not fighting when they know the world's superpower has their back. Ask a country like Poland what they think of "Give peace a chance"

Boopotts
09-22-2004, 01:17 AM
This post gets my vote for the funniest of 2004.

Thank you, sir. Now I'm going to go about the dirty business of trying to clean the ginger ale out of my nose.

nothumb
09-22-2004, 02:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Isn't that an oxymoron?

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying Locke, Rousseau et al belonged on the short bus?

NT

sameoldsht
09-22-2004, 02:24 AM
No. He's saying that, typically, liberals don't think things though and just spout off. It was very easy for me to see his point.

sameoldsht
09-22-2004, 02:26 AM
like vegas ain't hot enough?

nothumb
09-22-2004, 02:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No. He's saying that, typically, liberals don't think things though and just spout off. It was very easy for me to see his point.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, when someone says, 'liberal thinkers is an oxymoron', the actual meaning of the phrase he used is that liberals and thinkers are so fundamentally different that to describe someone as both is absurd or incorrect. So I guess I was wrong to take his statement at face value, and should have looked deeper for a slightly less ridiculous, stereotypical statement (that is still really silly)?

Or do you suppose maybe he just spouted off without thinking about it, because it sounded clever?

NT