PDA

View Full Version : MNF and one helluva halftime show.............

Smackdab
09-21-2004, 12:21 PM
Hurriedly lay money on Eagles -3 on way to the hospital to await the birth of my first grandchild. Take a minute to check the 2+2 board......UH OH....what's this? OH NO!! Scalf likes em too.

Arrive at hospital check on progress and things are moving fast. Get ushered to the waiting room....great timing...kickoff about to start....Vikings get the ball drive it down and get 3. Looking like the Scalf jinx may be in play here. Eagles immediately counter with a score and things are looking up. Progress report from labor room says mom is fully dialated on doctor is on the way. Football takes a back seat as phone calls are made and I begin pacing the hall with family members. A quick check on the game and Eagles are still covering at 10-6. Off in the distance teh sound of a baby crying. The doc steps out and announces....."We have a baby"

Proud papa rushes in snaps millions of pictures on the digital camera, congratulates parents, holds grandaughter Alexis for first time while lighting up the town with his smile. Congratulations, joy and happiness throughout the room.

Leave hospital....again making phone calls. Talk to relatives all the way home. Download pictures to PC. Start emailing millions of pics to all. (sorry, didn't mean to lag the net for everyone else with my 5 gig emails).

Look at the clock.......OMG......check the game. Fourth quarter...Eagles have it in hand. The Scalf Jinx is averted, I have a beautiful grandaughter, life is good.

As an aside I may want to crosspost this to the Stock Market forum. Looks like I will be buying truckloads of photo paper from HP. May want to pickup some shares to pay for your own grandchildren's education.