PDA

View Full Version : I hate ring games.

04-16-2002, 04:08 PM
Ring games are so miserable, where 1 plays 7 and 8, then 1 plays 5, then 4 plays 3 and 6, then 7 plays 3, and we all sit around, waiting for these silly 3-way games to unfold while we watch, and they watch us watch.

Plus, the more players, the narrower the probable calling hands, the smaller the bayesian pool each player's hand is drawn from, and therefore the fewer gray areas, and opportunities to make interesting plays.

I love to play poker, but I can't stand to play ring games. I also love to play heads up, but the rake is obscene, there aren't that many fish to divide up on Paradise, 10-20 is a boring limit, and half my edge evaporates when I'm not sitting face-to-face.

I wish I were heads-up against a whale 23o versus 37o. All this AQ-dilemma stuff bores me. KJo? I'm calling, I want to play. The fish call tighter before the flop than I do. How can you wring someone's neck when his only error is calling KT?

Where can I go to play some poker, instead of sitting around raising my bottom pair on the flop to fold out the drawing hand? That's a dumb question, I know exactly where I can go, I just figured I'd vent a little first:)

eLROY

04-16-2002, 04:29 PM

04-16-2002, 05:43 PM

04-16-2002, 05:44 PM