PDA

View Full Version : NL Omaha at Hawaiian Gardens?

El Dukie
09-21-2004, 12:01 PM
So, I'm driving up from O.C. with about an hour to kill yesterday, and I stop in at Hawaiian Gardens 'cause I'm in the mood for some O/8. I notice, on their sign-up board, a column for "No Limit Omaha, $100 buy-in" with a note that games are spread on Thursday and (I think) Saturday. Being an idiot, I didn't ask the brush about the game, since it wasn't being spread at that time. But now I'm curious. I'm especially curious to know whether it's High-only or O/8. I'd like to get some experience with live PLO, though I'm not ready to drop a couple grand at Commerce. If the NL game at Hawaiian Gardens is High-only, I think it would make a decent surrogate for PLO. Has anyone here played in it? How long have they been spreading it? On what days do they actually get it going?

BTW, one of the O/8 players I talked to said they'd been getting a 20-40 1/2 Kill game going on weekends recently.

Hint for Rick N: Any chance that the Bike would spread a "small" big-bet Omaha game?

Rick Nebiolo
09-22-2004, 03:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hint for Rick N: Any chance that the Bike would spread a "small" big-bet Omaha game?

[/ QUOTE ]

if it is pot limit (or no limit, this makes it easier for the dealers) omaha i would think it should be played high only (as it is in europe and used to be in las vegas). this may be a good idea and i'll try to bring it up.

~ rick

turnipmonster
09-22-2004, 11:23 AM
the smallest PLO game we have is 5-5 blinds, and it plays really big. I would like to have a smaller PLO game because 5-5 PLO plays at least twice as big as 5-5 PLHE. I think the issue is most people that like to play PLO are really rich gambler types that don't want to play small. hmmm, maybe I should start playing PLO more /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

--turnipmonster

El Dukie
09-23-2004, 12:50 AM
Lo and behold, I was driving back up from another meeting in O.C. this afternoon, with a couple hours to kill, and I stopped in at Hawaiian Gardens again. This time I actually asked the brush about the NLO game. (Which, according to the board, goes at 2 p.m. on Thursday & Saturday). He wasn't 100% sure, but thought it was high-only. (I agree with Rick that this is the way it should be, dammit!) I suspect the reason they do NL is precisely to keep it simple for the dealers. If I can get away this Saturday, I might try to get down there for a crack at it....