PDA

View Full Version : 5-10 at motor city

detroitrounder
09-21-2004, 11:09 AM
playing in a loose passive game
UTG I GET A /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif I RAISE
UTG+1 CALLS AND MP CALLS, BOTH BLINDS CALL

FLOP J /images/graemlins/club.gif10 /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
CHECKED TO ME I BET, UTG+1 RAISES AND MP RAISES, BLINDS FOLD. THIS ALARMED ME GREATLY BECAUSE THIS GAME HAS VERY LITTLE RAISING AND EVEN LESS RE-RAISING. I PUT THE RE-RAISER ON A SET. I CALLED

TURN 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I CHECK . UTG+1 BETS , MP RAISES. I TAKE MY TIME AND GRUMBLE AND MUCK. MP CALLS

RIVER IS K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

CHECK AND BET AND CALL BY THE LAST 2 PLAYERS.
MP SHOWS
K /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

WHAT A BUMMER. BUT HOW DID I PLAY IT??
I MAKE GOOD READS ON THESE FISH AND I KNEW HE REALLY LIKED THAT FLOP AND OFCORSE THE TURN. I KNOW I GAVE HIM CREDIT FOR A HAND HE DIDNT HAVE BUT IT FELT LIKE A BOAT.

flytrap
09-21-2004, 12:37 PM
Well, I'd have say you have to be pretty sure about your read to muck here. If you really believe these people would raise with only a set, you made a good fold. However, if either made a full house, I would expect them to wait until the river to get in their raises. The first guy bet out, and he would likely check-raise with a boat, and the second guy would probably wait until the river to raise. It's a tough decision, and even though you should have called, it's good that you had the courage to trust your reads. More often than not you'll be right.
ps-do you play at Greektown? I'm a semi-regular in the GT 15-30 games.

detroitrounder
09-21-2004, 12:49 PM
i was playing at greek and i got into it with a dealer and i got barred for 1 year...huge pot where i had a draw to the nut and the dealer exposed the river before the last guy called and it was my card and it was reshuffled. this dealer should have been running a drivethrough... the game was so passive that it made the read eaisier to live with.