PDA

View Full Version : 2 tough hands

jah0550
09-21-2004, 10:50 AM
Hand 1:
Party $10-9 handed. Blinds t30. Hero(1500) is on CO with 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG(680) limps, the rest fold, Hero limps. SB(200) raises to 60. BB folds and both players call.
Flop
5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG checks, Hero checks, SB all-in. MP calls. Hero reraises to 600. MP folds.
My question is should I have just called the SB's all-in or was the correct play to raise?

Hand 2:
Party $10-10 handed. Blinds t15. Hero(1550) is on the button with K /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif. Everyone folds to Hero, who calls. SB raises to 30. BB folds. Hero calls.
Flop
A /images/graemlins/club.gif10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB bets 15. Hero calls
Turn
A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB bets 30. Hero calls.
River
Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB bets 175. What should Hero do here?
I wouls appreciate any advise on these hands. Thanks.

betgo
09-21-2004, 12:34 PM
1st hand, I would call or make a smaller reraise. Your opponent could have a straight draw, but I don't see playing the set so strongly.

2nd hand I would fold on the turn and on the river. What were you hoping to make on the turn? It's nice to have a straight on the river, but your opponent almost certainly has a boat. You would have to be nuts to call the overbet.

Sam T.
09-21-2004, 12:47 PM
Hand 1:
Given the stacks, I'd see if I could bust both players. MP obviously isn't giving the short-stack much credit, and could be coming along with overcards. Give him the chance to hit one. Also, it is entirely possible that the short-stack will (or already has) hit his draw. Bring MP along so that you can make back any money you lose to shorty. Even if you MP hits his draw, you've still got a good stack to work with.

Hand 2:
These flops are death. On the flop, you've got four outs to what MIGHT be the nuts. Once the other Ace hits, you've got four outs to the rail. When you hit your miracle card and your reaction is "Now what?" you probably should have folded earlier.

Manimal
09-21-2004, 01:17 PM
Hand 1 is pretty debatable. You don't really want to let a free card fall if MP has something like 77, but you also don't want to bluff him out of the dry side pot, especially if SB hit his miracle.

Hand 2, the tougheest decision is whether or not you want to open-raise KJs from the button. I think you should, since you're in good shape against two random hands in the blinds.

Since you didn't, you have to get out on the flop. You're drawing to 4 outs that might give your stack to your opponent. On the turn, you can't call a straight draw with 2 pair on board and a flush draw on board. You have exactly three cards that you want to see on the river. And then, when you hit your draw, you have no idea where you stand. For the small amount in the pot, and the very real possibility you're drawing dead, there's no reason to call after the flop.

ChrisV
09-21-2004, 09:11 PM
(1) I think just call and let one more card fall before moving in, but I also don't think the allin can be far wrong.

(2) Good lord, man. Get out on the turn.

housenuts
09-21-2004, 09:25 PM
1) i like your raise

2) what were you really hoping to make on the river? you got your miracle card and have to fold anyways. fold the turn.