PDA

View Full Version : Looks like people haven't already decided.

wacki
09-21-2004, 10:15 AM
Two weeks ago, Kerry was ahead
Just a week ago Bush was above 330 EV
Now its Kerry 239 Bush 256

Looks like there still is a decent number of people who aren't really sure who they are voting for.

source: http://www.electoral-vote.com/

Alot of people are talking like Bush has already won. Kerry runs best from behind, and anything can happen in Iraq. I can't help but think it's too early to count the eggs in the basket. There's still alot of swinging going on.

tanda
09-21-2004, 10:38 AM
Comments on today's update:

1) Bush is still leading;

2) The Mason-Dixon and Gallup polls released today are not included; those polls are good news for Bush; Mason-Dixon recently released 6 polls on red battleground states, all for Bush; today's release is for seven blue battleground states, five are for Bush; Gallup has a poll with Bush up in Iowa as well; when those results are factored in at electoral-vote.com, the results will be favorable to Bush;

3) new Battleground national survey released today has Bush up seven points;

4) my count has it 323-205 for Bush; I like electoral-vote.com except he is missing significant polls released today (as he admits), plus he only used the most recent poll, I prefer am average of two or three recent polls; my count is based on the count at realclearpolitics.com; I allocate each state to a candidate, the site considers some states toss-ups even if their average is in favor of a candidate, I allocate those to a candidate, so my count is different from RCP; also, RCP does not factor in the Zogby polls, I do; the result is that RCP has Bush ahead in New Mexico (does not include Zogby poll +9 for Kerry), I include that poll and allocate the state to Kerry.