PDA

View Full Version : my appologies and respects to Mason, Ed, and Sklansky

arabie
09-21-2004, 03:32 AM
My first post on 2+2 was an expression of anger targeted at the book Small Stakes Holdem By Miller, Mulmuth and Sklansky. I had been a successful holdem player with a tight/passive and somewhat agressive approach to small stakes 1/2-10/20 online. In light of my success i purchased s.s.h. and began applying the books concepts as i read through it. I had a good understanding of most concepts, however, still misused and inaccurately applied many of the books teachings.

I came to understand the above by the time i had finished the book and realized the clash in my original playing style with the true mathematics of poker.

My first mistake was misreading the size of my bankroll. My tight/passive game did not require the same size bankroll as necessary for a more drawing oriented strategy.

These errors cost me a share of my profits until i smartened up with my playing style, and gave the strategy a period to justify a shre of the statistics.

Finally, i was extremely wrong in critizing the books content and would like to retract any of my previous statements on the topic. I highly recommend this book, i'm sure most people do and that there are many postings of this kind, and believe it should be treated with respect in terms of reading and understanding thoroughly before applying its concepts.

Adam Rabie