PDA

View Full Version : AJ hand - big pot

joker122
09-21-2004, 02:31 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (11 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (19.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 25.50 BB

vector
09-21-2004, 02:49 AM
Looks good to me.

When the SB bets out again on the turn I'm inclined to think its a weak ace, when 3 bet I'd guess he has A6 and two paired, or had a set of 5s and chickened out of a check raise.

From there I'd try and show it down as cheaply as possible, which seems to have been your plan. If you were going to fold now would be the time, if SB is decent its definitely a consideration.

The button raise on the river is unfortunate but I think you have to call given the pot size. Winning 5% of the time here is in the realms of possible ...

I'm guessing the button takes it with 24.

stripsqueez
09-21-2004, 04:21 AM
raising the turn is an aggro move - not sure how much i like it - thinking of similar spots i find myself in its probably the case that i 3 bet some of the time so i think its closeish

unless my opponent is a known super chook i fold to the river bet - against some guys i could fold to the turn 3 bet

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

chio
09-21-2004, 08:02 AM
i like the turn raise on a pretty innocent looking card - give yourself the best chance to win by making CO and button face 2 cold or charge them the most for drawing.

when it's 3 bet back to you, it's an easy call - you're getting 17.5-1 with 8 outs against a lower 2 pair, 6 outs against A5 or A6, but drawing dead against 66

on the river is a tough decision - i think the right move is folding to the first bet. i probably would have made the first call, but i think you can fold to the button raise, looks like button backed into a flush to beat SB's A6

Zele
09-21-2004, 08:51 AM
Looks good. I don't fold the river for 1 bet in a pot this size, due to past experience of some very wacky (even multiway) showdowns.

joker122
09-21-2004, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the help. I think next time I'll fold a blank river (i.e. a non jack or one that does not pair the board).

SB has Ac 6h (two pair, aces and sixes).
Hero has Jc Ah (one pair, aces).
Button has As 5s (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Button wins 25.50 BB.