PDA

View Full Version : Poker @ the Rio?

MisterKing
09-21-2004, 01:54 AM
With most of the WSOP action moving over to the Rio for 05, are there any plans to open a poker room there beforehand? I stayed there in Dec. 03, and the place honestly was pretty average in most respects, so it could use the action.

Howard Burroughs
09-21-2004, 02:32 AM
I've been told in December (of this year).

Best of Luck

Howard

neotope
09-21-2004, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With most of the WSOP action moving over to the Rio for 05, are there any plans to open a poker room there beforehand? I stayed there in Dec. 03, and the place honestly was pretty average in most respects, so it could use the action.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be at the Rio in November. Both the Bellagio and Mirage are in easy walking distance /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Acesover8s
09-21-2004, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

I'll be at the Rio in November. Both the Bellagio and Mirage are in easy walking distance

[/ QUOTE ]

That walk is neither easy or fun. Lots of traffic whizzing by, the highway on-ramps to cross with no one stopping. The overpass filled with needles and condoms (both used and unused). Not to mention in vegas the distances can be deceiving.

Take the barbary coast tram, you'll be much happier.

PokerSlut
09-21-2004, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'll be at the Rio in November. Both the Bellagio and Mirage are in easy walking distance /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
No way would I make that walk, especially at the hours I play. Although there is an In-n-Out on the way that would make for an oasis of sorts.

Eder
09-21-2004, 07:41 PM
Dont walk that ...theres tourists like me with Alberta plates doin 100kph lookin sideways at the bums....dangerous...even crossing the street to the Palms is -EV /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

CptMisery
09-21-2004, 09:13 PM
Take the shuttle from Rio to Harrah's and you are just across the street from Mirage...it runs about every 10-15 minutes.

MisterKing
09-22-2004, 02:10 AM
Yeah, I did the walk from Bellagio to the Rio with my family at night last December, and while nothing happened, looking back it was a major mistake. There are a few narrow pedestrian bridges and such that would not afford you much room to operate if you ran into trouble.

RydenStoompala
09-22-2004, 09:10 AM
Even if they get a poker room, the Rio isn't a place I like to visit. Specifically, the chance of being run down like a three-legged geriatric rabbit and left crumpled and bleeding in the Rio driveway is about 25%. I've seen that guy with the Alberta plates, and he's serious! Hit four tourists at 100 mph and only slowed to turn on his wipers!

Seriously: the walk sucks.

sonny black
09-22-2004, 07:47 PM
december opening also the gold coast I heard

HDPM
09-23-2004, 12:27 AM
What do you mean open? Don't you mean re-open? If you are not careful some old school jackass from back in the day will trot out a comped pink and black Rio Poker Room hat on you and see what you think about it. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif