PDA

View Full Version : La---dee----da---da---da...but what does Mr. Mooko have?

InchoateHand
09-21-2004, 01:08 AM
Where is Mr. Hero on the turn? Should Mr. Hero have done something else?
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO (poster) folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (14 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

InchoateHand
09-21-2004, 01:35 AM
Nevermind, guess this is suitably standard. I shouldn't post my own threads when I'm drunk. (Nor play poker probably). I was just very surprised by my, in this case, correct hand-reading skills.

sthief09
09-21-2004, 03:35 AM
I check the turn. getting called on the flop is really suspicious. once you get raised, it's fairly obvious you're beat, and you have no draws. unfortunately betting the flop is a necessity since UTG+2 should be raising to protect his hand from broadway gut shot combinations. you're very rarely good after getting popped on the turn, but you might have to call down. this is why I check-call.

InchoateHand
09-21-2004, 03:41 AM
Did your post just magically change? I thought there was a 5% there a second ago? Or do I really need to go to bed.

The call on the flop scared me too. For some reason, the raise on the turn didn't, not enough that I could three-bet, but still--I think AK would have raised me on the flop, AQ definitely would have, so the only hand I'm now behind is QQ. And I couldn't have put him on QQ exactly. Especially since a couple of bad beats had gotten this table rather tilted--a lot of re-raises and limp-reraises with absolutely anything.

sthief09
09-21-2004, 03:44 AM
I edited it. first I wrote 10%. then I changed it to 5%. then I figured it would be best to say "not that often"

what about AA?

InchoateHand
09-21-2004, 03:46 AM
Well, I have difficulty giving credit for that with the other two accounted for, plus the hanger on, but that is definitely a possibility. By the turn raise I felt commited to call down, but a better line would have been check/call?

sthief09
09-21-2004, 03:50 AM
I just think that it's a really scary smooth call, and I really want to get to showdown, and I really don't want to be raised. you're getting 6-1 (I don't remember exactly) to call down. I don't see you being good that often.

so as weird as it sounds, yeah, I'd check-call

Evan
09-21-2004, 04:26 AM
I've been limping AJo UTG lately, bad?

PooFighter
09-21-2004, 06:45 AM
I've recently switched from raising to limping AJo UTG after reading a post while back discussing the merits of limping to let in Ace worse kicker. I wonder if it's close in EV either way.

challenger84
09-21-2004, 09:28 AM
Does that mean you limp in UTG with AQ and AK also to encourage weaker aces to limp? In loose games, AJo UTG is an automatic raise for me.