PDA

View Full Version : Worst hand I've ever played....help

Redeye
09-21-2004, 12:48 AM
Can't remember when I've last played a hand this poorly. MP1 is decent, not overly aggressive however. I was going to checkraise the flop, was that a bad idea? After the checkraise melted down I figured the best play on the flop was to fold or maybe reraise....so I called. After that, I felt totally lost and really proceeded to dig in deeper. Any help, on all streets, is desperately needed.

Absolute Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (10 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

Specific questions. Should I have folded or reraised flop? Bet out turn? And finally, was the overcall on the river bad getting 12:1?

sthief09
09-21-2004, 12:50 AM
bet the flop

it's not so bad really. it's definitely a tough hand

joker122
09-21-2004, 12:59 AM
I'm torn between folding and 3betting the flop. I really don't like calling 2 cold though.

Redeye
09-21-2004, 01:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
bet the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the biggest part of my game that I struggle with is employing check-raising in the correct situations. Typically I go for a check-raise when I flop TPTK on a fairly drawless board, when I haven't raised pf. While there could be a straight draw here is seemed somewhat less likely. Is this not a good place to c/r and should I always bet out here, and if so what is my reasoning. Thanks