PDA

View Full Version : two AQo hands

jar
09-21-2004, 12:12 AM
In my very insufficient sample size of 22 times, I'm a loser with AQo. Here are two AQo hands from tonight. Comments?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (8 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (14 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif. UTG posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG (poster) checks, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (6.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

Sent
09-21-2004, 12:14 AM
Both hands look fine to me, I think you won hand 1. Hand 2 is just perfect, no reason to think you are behind.

-Sent

Entity
09-21-2004, 12:45 AM
Both of these hands are perfect.

Did you lose in hand #1 to QJ or 22?

afk
09-21-2004, 02:14 AM
Both these hands are bang on, man. Well played.

kurosh
09-21-2004, 03:11 AM
why wouldn't you keep on raising on the turn and river? there are only two hands that can beat you. with you having one queen the likelihood of QJ is even lower.

jar
09-21-2004, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Both of these hands are perfect.

Did you lose in hand #1 to QJ or 22?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. It was QJ.

Isura
09-21-2004, 12:51 PM
Do you guys always bet the river in hand 2? You are only going to get called with someone holding atleast a king (K9 or something). The player likely had lower pair (5 or T or was on a straight draw). He folds when he misses and calls when he has king? Am I missing something? Betting doesn't earn much here IMO.

Entity
09-21-2004, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you guys always bet the river in hand 2? You are only going to get called with someone holding atleast a king (K9 or something). The player likely had lower pair (5 or T or was on a straight draw). He folds when he misses and calls when he has king? Am I missing something? Betting doesn't earn much here IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]
Saying that only a King will call you at these limits is ridiculous. So many bad players will call with anything at these limits that it'd ridiculous to think otherwise.

I submit, for evidence, one of the slimmest value bets I've made:

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10.40 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (9.20 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB folds, MP2 folds.

River: (11.20 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 13.20 BB

I was called by Q4.

Rob

wuwei
09-21-2004, 01:17 PM
That river is an easy bet, even for me (and I miss a lot of value bets on the river). At Party, you'll get called by damn near any ace, and a variety of other hands I'm sure.

Oh, and both hands here were played very well.