PDA

View Full Version : KQs cold-call; this hand felt wierd

CrazyEyez
09-20-2004, 11:35 PM
.25/.50 Gaming Club

UTG fold, UTG+1 raises, 3 calls, Hero calls on button with K /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif , blinds call.

Flop K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB bets, BB calls, UTG+1 raises, all fold to Hero who 3-bets, all call.

Turn 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif [K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif]

SB bets, BB and UTG+1 call, Hero calls.

River 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif [K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif]

SB bets, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Please critique.
TIA

Entity
09-20-2004, 11:41 PM
The whole thing looks fine to me.

Rob

Nottom
09-20-2004, 11:52 PM
I'd seriously consider 3-betting preflop, but I think this way is fine as well.

I think there is definately some value in a turn raise.

CrazyEyez
09-21-2004, 12:13 AM

I considered it, but I was suprised by the SB betting out on what appeared to be a blank, especially after my flop 3-bet. I therefore felt I had to consider a set. In which case my clean outs are 8 hearts (not the 3), and 2 Ks. Of course he could easily be betting two pair, which gives me at least 3 more outs with Qs. Is that enough for a value-raise against 3 callers?

I sure didn't like 3-betting the flop and then going into call-down mode though.

Entity
09-21-2004, 12:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I considered it, but I was suprised by the SB betting out on what appeared to be a blank, especially after my flop 3-bet. I therefore felt I had to consider a set. In which case my clean outs are 8 hearts (not the 3), and 2 Ks. Of course he could easily be betting two pair, which gives me at least 3 more outs with Qs. Is that enough for a value-raise against 3 callers?

I sure didn't like 3-betting the flop and then going into call-down mode though.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're up against a set, then you only have 8 outs (about 16% equity), because pairing the K's gives him a FH.

A turn raise here has some value depending on the opponents, but it won't force anyone out. It may get you a free showdown, though, so I might go for it anyway.

Rob

CrazyEyez
09-21-2004, 12:43 AM
Whoops I don't know why I thought Ks were clean against a set.

FWIW SB had J4o for a flopped 2-pair. UTG+1 had AK. So I was third best. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Nottom
09-21-2004, 11:23 AM
People tend to stop and go more with weakish hands (TP type things) then genually strong hands like a set. Plu nobody says you have to bet the river (unless you improve) after raising the turn.