PDA

View Full Version : There's hope for me yet.

Lori
09-20-2004, 10:33 PM
I priced up the lines without looking last night, and Im actually amazed at how close I got.

This is purely a gloat post because I'm happy with myself /images/graemlins/blush.gif

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>

Game Lori Line Line
ARI-ATL ATL -14 ATL -10
BAL-CIN BAL -10 BAL -3
CHI-MIN MIN hadn't played
CLE-NYG NYG -4 NYG -3
HOU-KC KC -9 KC -8
JAX-TEN TEN -6 TEN -6
NO-STL STL -4 STL -6
PHI-DET Lori didn't know enough to try
PIT-MIA See above
SD-DEN See above
GB-INDY IND -3 IND -5.5
SF-SEA SEA -10 SEA -11
TB-OAK OAK -3 OAK -3
</pre><hr />

I think I could do this 14 more weeks and not get this close, I really don't know much about football.

Lori

craig r
09-20-2004, 10:48 PM
From your previous posts it seems you are new at this, so this is really good that you got "that" close. Especially on the TEN, SEA, and OAK games. But, are your lines what you think the line should be OR what you thought they would be set at?

Lori
09-20-2004, 10:57 PM
But, are your lines what you think the line should be OR what you thought they would be set at?

For now, those two things are the same, although I'm fully aware of the difference.
I pretty much tried to set a line that I'd would sell to imaginary customers to see how it matches up, the idea being that with practise, I could make my picks based on the difference.

I'm not that new at this, just had like 10 years off football so I knew 0 players/teams as of two weeks ago.

I was an Oilers fan before, stopped following after they blew the playoffs to the Bills.... any suggestions on whether I should be a Titans fan or a Texans fan now?

I have followed the baseball somewhat longer in terms of recent play, although am still very green, the kindness here is appreciated.

Lori

slavic
09-21-2004, 12:36 AM
Lori -

As a long time Oilers fan I can tell you that no team can replace the pain and shame that the Oilers brought. Mabe you can pull for the instant replay ref or something but even they can't really stick it in ya like "Luv Ya blue" could.

Lori
09-21-2004, 12:40 AM
That was back in the days when we had to tune into armed forces radio for commentary that shared a wavelength with some spanish classical music channel or something.

We'd listen to the Oilers lose and have to put up with chirpy music as it happened.

I actually fell asleep during that playoff game and couldn't believe it when I woke up with a few mins to go.

I didn't stop following the Oilers, just football in general as the Spanish radio got the better of the US armed forces and getting information became just too tedious.

Now we get three live games a week and several websites, it's fun again /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Lori

slavic
09-21-2004, 03:25 AM
I didn't stop following the Oilers, just football in general as the Spanish radio got the better of the US armed forces and getting information became just too tedious.

First the Frecn and now the Spanish are attacking the US's pride of a "radio free Europe"? Are they aware that we have removed heads of state for less?

Easy E
09-21-2004, 12:40 PM
Other than the Ravens game, not too shabby!

Lori
09-26-2004, 01:52 PM
Other than the Ravens game, not too shabby!

Looking at it so far, I'm quite happy with this line /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Lori

Lori
09-26-2004, 03:31 PM
Wonder what they put in the half time drinks /images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Making me sweat now /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Lori