PDA

View Full Version : Soooted trash in the BB

Entity
09-20-2004, 10:15 PM
A little read on CO: he had been making bad plays throughout the game. Went all-in against me earlier when I was the big stack with AJo (I had TT). Had called preflop raises consistently with garbage (Q6o comes to mind). He had raised the last couple of hands, each for a minraise, but those were the first hands he had raised. MP was playing with a shortstacked mentality even though his stack wasn't that bad.

All that being said, is my call the worst thing in the world here?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (6 handed)

Button (t2460)
SB (t2215)
Hero (t1810)
UTG (t3900)
MP (t1470)
CO (t1645)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, MP calls t100, <font color="CC3333">CO raises to t200</font>, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls t100, MP calls t100.

Flop: (t650) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets t200</font>, Hero calls t200, MP calls t200.

Turn: (t1250) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets t1245 (All-In)</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t1410</font>, MP folds.

River: (t3905) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t3905

rjb03
09-20-2004, 10:49 PM
You had the flush, not the nut flush, but the odds that he had a higher flush are not very big. I would call every time. The preflop call is more questionable than the turn call. I would've played it harder on the flop to protect the weak flush. He probably had a set or JT.

CrisBrown
09-20-2004, 10:55 PM
Hi Entity,

I have no problem with the pre-flop call. You're calling one BB, getting 9:2 immediate plus implied odds, on a hand that's easy to fold if you don't like the flop. The flop hit as well as you could ask for, and you went with it. If someone else out-flushed you ... *shrugs* ... oh well.

Cris

Entity
09-20-2004, 11:06 PM
The preflop call is all I was concerned about. I knew I was going to the felt once that flop hit.

Rob

Entity
09-20-2004, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Entity,

I have no problem with the pre-flop call. You're calling one BB, getting 9:2 immediate plus implied odds, on a hand that's easy to fold if you don't like the flop. The flop hit as well as you could ask for, and you went with it. If someone else out-flushed you ... *shrugs* ... oh well.

Cris

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess my post sounded results oriented, which is funny, because it wasn't. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I took down the pot with my flush against his KKK (this is why you don't minraise with premium hands, unless you really want action /images/graemlins/smile.gif). I just finished up the SNG in 1st, against another player who asked me: "Can you really play that bad?" I just told him I was a limit player, then proceeded to crush him. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rob

ddubois
09-20-2004, 11:40 PM
I don't like the pre-flop call. Even if the guy sucks and will give you his stack when you have a winner, the hand just does not have enough ways to win. Make it a one-gapper or connected, and I'm satisfied.

stripsqueez
09-21-2004, 01:47 AM
too much of a stretch for me to call

i will call with lots of garbage if i'm guaranteed action from a chook when i hit but its too hard to hit this hand - i'm not paying for a flush draw on the flop so i may as well fold it now

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Jason Strasser
09-21-2004, 04:09 AM
You must raise the flop. Why let a hand like A /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif see the turn?

-Jason