PDA

View Full Version : 77 in MP2

ArchonsEngine
09-20-2004, 09:32 PM
I haven't even been at the table for a full orbit, but it seemed very tight for a PP 0.5/1 (I left when the blinds got back to me, in fact).

Any feedback here? I'm more interested in a critique of the reasoning behind my plays here than specific advice, though that's certainly appreciated, too.

Thanks again for all the help.

--ArchonsEngine

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, Hero calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds.

<font color="red">Given the utter lack of aggression and my position, I felt the flop warranted a bet to see where I stood--the plan was to call a single raise and check/fold if I didn't improve.</font>

Turn: (3.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

<font color="red">Turn was about the scariest card I could've expected, so I wasn't about to give BB a chance to c/r me.</font>

River: (3.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds.

<font color="red">Since BB still didn't bet his hand, I figured the ace of clubs didn't help him, so I was likely still best (the T almost certainly didn't help, because he'd have had at least TP since the flop, and now trips, so again he'd probably bet). So, given this, I bet. Turns out I must've read him right (or scared him off TP), because he folded.</font>

Final Pot: 4.25 BB

Isura
09-20-2004, 10:06 PM
Well played. Gotta bet the flop, better getting check-raised here than the turn.

Sent
09-20-2004, 10:28 PM
I bet the turn, it's heads-up and if he raises you can fold easily. The chances he has a flush isnt that great that it is not worth betting it

-Sent

afk
09-20-2004, 10:29 PM
I bet the turn as well. If he c/r's me then I dump it. I think I still bet the river.