PDA

View Full Version : Being Up against a possible pocket pair

Cactus Cactus
09-20-2004, 09:27 PM
I just got in a Party 15-30 game. There were about 5 players taking the flop, with about half the time it was raised and the other it was just for one bet.

Hero is in the BB with 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG + 1, limps
Two players from middle limp
Late Limps
Sm- loose not overagressive player raises
Hero and all call

Flop 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (6 players 6BB)
SM bets, liking this flop i end up raising to try to get the other players out. One player from middle position calls 2 bets cold. SM re-raises, hero and middle player call

Turn: (3 players, 9.5 BB)
Flop 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB bets. What is the correct move here, do I assume that the SB because he re-raised has a higher pocket pair that I should fold it...? Or should I continue because the pot is quite big, but then the guy that called 2 raises cold...do I worry that he may have a jack. Do I go in check call mode or perhaps raise the turn...to drive the middle player out

stoxtrader
09-20-2004, 09:55 PM
I think you can fold to the turn lead. It will cost you AT LEAST 2 BB to get to showdown, and the pot will have around 14 BB in it, so you are getting 7:1 on the showdown, and if this was HU it may be worht calling down, but with a third player left to act I think you would be lucky to be good here enough to be profitable AND there will be hands where it can get very expensive to see a showdown if you get stuck between two raisers.