PDA

View Full Version : Folding QQ on the river

jrobb83
09-20-2004, 09:07 PM
2nd hand at table, no reads.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (11.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 15.50 BB, between Button and SB.</font>

BaronVonCP
09-20-2004, 10:25 PM
were you planning on folding to a non Q river? if so fold on the turn.

jrobb83
09-20-2004, 10:28 PM
I wouldn't have folded the river if it was not a ten. I thought the ten coming on the river made much more likely that I was beaten by whatever I was being raised on the turn by.

david050173
09-20-2004, 11:25 PM
What difference does a ten make? Now it being a club I can see being worried about (and then they get excited and bet before realizing that it made the full house) but someone holding a ten is low on my worry list. Of course this is PP so you could be getting called by anything. I find it frustrating when I fold the best hand in these cases, but bluffing/calling them down is not a good play in my experience. With one caller I might make him show me the ace though.

justin
09-20-2004, 11:29 PM
on tha turn with sb calling two bets cold best case scenario he only has a 10 but u told you with his raise i have the ace. Chances are u raised preflop there not amking a move at a bnaord with 2 aces on it without the goods. Id fold the turn but its pp 3-6 who knows unless you know the player. Any card but 10 hits though u have to call that river if you call the turn.

justin
09-20-2004, 11:29 PM
on tha turn with sb calling two bets cold best case scenario he only has a 10 but button told you with his raise i have the ace. Unless button is an idiot he wont raise without the goods considering most preflop raisers will call down a pp in that situation. Id fold the turn but its pp 3-6 who knows unless you know the player.