PDA

View Full Version : What do you need to call an all in on the flop?

Kaz The Original
09-20-2004, 07:36 PM
(Edited) PP, 25$ Max, Preflop raise of $4, he has you covered. You have $25.

AK, raised preflop, flop AK7 say two clubs. Maybe, 3 or 4 to the flop.

Someone in front of you pushes. Easy fold? Easy call?

Ghazban
09-20-2004, 07:42 PM
No easy answer. Who raised preflop? What do you know about the players involved? What are their stack sizes? If a guy pushes $10,000 into a $4 pot and you have him covered, its an easy fold. If he pushes $.50 into a $4 pot, its an easy call.

Xargque
09-20-2004, 07:52 PM
If I put in the last raise pre-flop, I call everytime almost. The only hand I'm afraid of is a set of 7's. I've rarely seen the limp-call with rockets and never with cowboys. Probably Axs[clubs] is what you're facing (probably x is a Queen or Jack). I doubt anyone would shove outright with a set (some might with the smallest set). You may also be facing JTs[clubs] or something like that, especially if the Ace on board is clubs. I think I fear the set a lot more if the Ace is clubs than if the other two are.

I'm assuming here that you or Villain - whoever is shorter - has about 10-20% in already so this is an overbet, but not a massive overbet. If the money is super-deep I might fold absent a good read. If the money is any shallower or more went in pre-flop, I call unless I have a phenomenal read to the contrary.

-X

GimmeDaWatch
09-20-2004, 08:07 PM
You need to describe the action more specifically or load a hand history, but there is an easy answer. You call this every time on Party Poker 25NL. If somebody other than the preflop raiser moved in, this looks even better for you but regardless you will be ahead far more times than you are behind in my experience, easy call.

Kaz The Original
09-20-2004, 08:11 PM
The reason it is so vague is because it's hypothetical.