PDA

View Full Version : Loose Passives....my arch nemesi?

Seether
09-20-2004, 07:26 PM
I played some fairly lengthy sessions the past couple of days (about 3k hands) and I was paying attention to areas where I thought I was playing poorly. The situation I found myself not knowing what to do was against loose passive players....let me categorize these players...

More than 50% flops being seen. Never raising preflop even with AA KK AK etc. Any hand they call for 1 bet they will call for 2. They will showdown top pair nearly every time, they will showdown middle pair often. They will chase to turn with backdoor straight/flush/overcards. They will chase to river with any pair+ overcard.

Now where my problem is, I raise preflop with a hand such as AQ or 99/TT..... I miss the flop or there is 1 over to my PP, I bet, it gets heads up with one of these players. While getting specific information without posting hands is difficult, what should be my general strategy going into the turn? How does it change if I have position on them or them on me? What about those that will bet any hand when checked to?

sfer
09-20-2004, 07:32 PM
Value bet. Don't bluff.