PDA

View Full Version : Playing 88 w/ Position

MAxx
09-20-2004, 07:14 PM
No real reads, except I have gotten the impression that SB is too loose- but not a strong read at this point.

IMO, pf and flop was standard. Perhaps turn as well... you decide.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

<font color="blue">On the turn, I felt that SB's lead was odd. I thought that he either had a monster, or a peace of the board plus a draw. B/c I believed he would have c/r'd w/ monster this also influenced my decision. Instead of calling here and giving out a card to my vulnerable holding, and then calling again on the river...... I decided to raise. I would fold to a rurn 3bet or take a "free" showdown. Since I was going to put in 2bbs either way, I liked my play better. It gave SB opportunity to lay down and it charged for a potential suckout </font>

River: (9 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 9 BB

What do you think of turn, or any other street? Results to follow.

lil'
09-20-2004, 07:43 PM
I like it.

MAxx
09-20-2004, 11:01 PM
villain, has 63o. MHIG

justin
09-20-2004, 11:13 PM
i like it to. chances are ur right he probably picked up a draw with his weak pair and if your wrong its an easy fold to a 3 bet.