PDA

View Full Version : Money left on the table.

Quercus
09-20-2004, 05:34 PM
I've only been at the table for one rotation - so no strong reads other than the table seems "normal loose" for 0.5/1.00

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Standard.

Flop: (13 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Standard.

Turn: (14 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button folds, Hero calls.

I think I lost my mind here. Only hands that could have beaten me were 44 and 99. Why was I seeing monsters when it was FAR more likely that someone hit a set of 4s or a flush?

River: (22 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls, Hero calls.

I came back to my senses for a moment and then slowed down again.

Semi-aggressive-weak-tight, blech.

Final Pot: 32 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 32 BB, between Hero, UTG+1 and CO.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (32 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero has 5h 5d (full house, fives full of fours).
UTG+1 has 3c Ac (flush, ace high).
CO has Ks 4d (three of a kind, fours).
Outcome: Hero wins 32 BB. </font>

cab4656
09-20-2004, 06:08 PM
Sounds like you realize it already, but 3-bet the turn. MP2 and CO both cold-called and they're trapped for more bets. I'd cap the river too, I can't imagine that you're not winning this.

Nottom
09-20-2004, 06:17 PM
You NEED to 3-bet the turn here, you hve the field trapped for 2 bets already, if anyone has a lone big club you will get the money now but not later.

I really don't see myself letting off the gas at any point with the other callers in the pot.

nepenthe
09-20-2004, 06:21 PM
3-bet the turn. What does UTG+1 waking up at the turn tell you? He hit his flush. Others are coming along.

Cap the river EVERY TIME in this situation.

Quercus
09-20-2004, 06:40 PM
Indeed.

Had I been single tabling, I probably would have played this more correctly. I'm often guilty of leaving a bit of money on the table when four tabling though. I'm improving, but still have a ways to go.