PDA

View Full Version : Line of the night

08-12-2002, 02:29 AM
An extreme live one is in the game. We're all taking shots at him. He's kicking our collective butts.

This one rock is sitting there quietly, folding hand after hand and taking it all in as the hero of the night is winning with really quite amusing hands.

The whole table was cool, nobody saying a word except the occaissional "nice hand" or "well played" when he (accidently, I think) warranted such comments.

Anyway, Rocky catches some cards and open raises. Only the hero calls on the button. End result: Hero 1, Rocky 0. (55522 was the winner)

Next hand, I open-raise with 88, it's folded to Rocky who reraises, Hero pops it agains and I fold. Rocky caps it. End result Hero 2, Rocky 0. (101099 was the winner)

Third hand, Hero limps, folded to Rocky who raises, bb and hero call. A furious round of flop betting which the bb finally concedes. The turn is raised by Rocky, called by Hero. Hero bets out on the river when an A falls. Rocky calls and shows pocket Ks. Hero shows A2o.

Rocky starts to tremble a bit. You can almost see the steam rising from his ears. His voice shaking he says,

"WTF were you doing calling me all the way to the river with that crap? Huh?"

No answer from Hero.

A bellow now. "Answer me boy. WTF were you doing calling me all the way to the river with that crap?"

A few seconds passed and then a thoroughly cowed Hero looks up and said, "Uh...waiting to win?"

Even Rocky fell off his seat laughing. We got on with the game and enjoyed the experience of playing our best and losing big time.